Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
to everyone in the Southeast!

Our thanks to BMDMAX who has made arrangements for us to join in a Dyno Day at the Diesel Performance Motorsports at 120-C Park West Drive, McDonough, GA on Saturday, November 1st.

Here are some details that BMDMAX got from the shop when he was checking for available dates:

Diesel Performance Motorsports wrote:

"Shoot for the shop day to be the 25th of October (changed to 1st of November by 2DAMAX at their request). When we do a shop day, we cook hamburgers and hang out. It really is a fun time.

The shop day would put zero pressure on you for a turn out. As long as the Chevy guys don't have a problem hanging out with a bunch of Dodge guys and Ford guys we'd be fine. (tip tell the chevy guys "lets see who can put out the most power with the least amount of smoke... LOL) Anyway, if you think we can do it, let's plan on it.
"

This could be a great way to make a great first impression on behalf of The Diesel Place! We can let the Ford and Dodge folks see that we can hang with the rest while they're being beat by the best. Just kiddin! This will be a great opportunity to meet other Diesel Place folks as well as others. You 'all are invited so come join us! The cost would be $65.00 per truck for three pulls each on the dyno. There's already directions in the original thread so all you need to do for now is let us know if you can make it! Let's show them who can make some power!

2DAMAX

Original. Thread<A href="http://dieselplace.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=71&PN=1&TPN=1Prev. Thread </a target=" target=_blank a _blank?>< target="_blank">

http://dieselplace.com/forum/forum_posts.aspTID=71&PN=1&TPN=1Prevread%20Edited by: DMAX2DAMAX

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
I am in!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
12,262 Posts
Holey crap Dude that's the same day us Northern guys will be too !!!!!!!! Can you say Ground Pounding East Coast !!! Good luck with you turn out ...

Mac

·
Banned
6,539 Posts
New Date Saturday 11/01/03

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What is with us Southeasterners? We got bad breath or what? I've heard all my life that Northerners aren't as friendly but they are sure getting together and we're not! If the dates are wrong, let us know! If it's something else let us know! If you'd come if I don't let us know!

2DAMAX

·
Registered
96 Posts
Count me in at this time! This will work better than 10/25

I will work on making that weekend.
Should be no problem so far.

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
I am looking forward to seeing you guys there, let's keep em rolling in!

·
Registered
96 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Looking forward to attending next Saturday. I was wondering if anyone knows if there is a schedule of events for the day? I would hate to miss a burnout war or something!

Edited by: Cruz_Man

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Cruz_Man

I PM'd BMDMAX on Saturday with the same question. He responded that he will get the details and we'll post.

I've been getting emails from a few guys that plan to come even though they didn't post their intentions here. The DMAX should be well represented but there's room for more, the more the merrier!!

·
Registered
353 Posts
Hey guys! Don't count the Wolf out!!

I want to give a BIG thanks to DMax2damax for clueing me in on this. I will definately be there! Don't expect much out of my little stocker. I just want to see what the big dogs are doing and meet some fellow owners! Sounds like a good time. Hey I might even have my H2 wheels with Maxxis tires by then...

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Dyno Day Info update,

I just spoke with the folks down at Diesel Performance Motorsports so here's the scoop. They plan on starting at 8:00am but expect their lot to be filled up by then so show up early if you can. They will be providing all the food and drinks, including beer for most and even a few diet drinks for wimps like me! They will run from 8am til dark.

Now for the bad news. If you are disappointed, so am I but they said they will only be running the HP numbers as they've been having problems with the optical sensor so no torque numbers. (Did Tomac do the breaking of their dyno? That's what a birdie told me). They didn't commit to it but a discount was mentioned to make up for it. We'll see how they treat us on that one.

Also, they do not have a Tech-2 so if you've got one and can bring it that would be great!

Better to let you 'all know the bad news now than after driving in. We hope this doesn't keep anyone from attending as numbers are only part of the reason for getting together. Meeting & getting to know each other, puttin a face to a handle, havin fun and beatin up on the Furd and Dodges folks is also a lot it's about too!!

PM me if you need anything else.

2DAMAX

·
Registered
130 Posts

Well, I guess it is only fitting that since I left first I can give you some un-official results as of the time that I left. As I recall it the top honors went to BMDMAX. His posted top HP was 472 HP. I never completely got all of his setup down but I know for sure he was stacked. The next run I saw was a Dodge. I believe he posted something in the neighborhood of 325. Our own LoneWolf867 who was running stock, borrowed some of BMDMAX goodies and posted in the neighborhood of around 340 (I think). I can’t really remember I was busy trying to talk my 5 year old from leaving for the day (he won). I finally gave in to him as they rolled LoneWolf’s truck off of the dyno. LoneWolf looked like a man who just won the lottery since he was going to be taking his truck out with a quad under the hood for a seat-of-the-pants-dyno. As I reluctantly pulled away he just turned around in front of me and left a first, second, and third set of black marks on his way out. When I caught up to him, in a turnaround he was grinning ear to ear. As we looked across our trucks at each other I came to the conclusion that the real race will be to see which one of us buys one of these electronic rear tire destroyers first.

My thanks go out to everyone who put the day together. I am looking forward to the next one. My son will just have to stay home the next time because I intend to stay and learn as much as I can.
DMAX2DMAX as I see it won best in show. His truck looked great with the H2 rims and the BFG All-Terrains. I honestly can not say who had the better looking rig between LoneWolf and BMDMAX since they were both the same color but I will give it to BMDMAX since he had some very nice aftermarket rims and tires along with the numbers to back it up
!<SPAN style="mso-s

·
Registered
11,646 Posts
I hope you all had fun, David Dunbar is one of the nicest guys out there, I dont know if he was involved but he is part of the DPM group. He did our event and even know he had some dyno problems, he is a steller guy.

Eric

·
Registered
360 Posts
First - Thanks BMDMAX for giving me the heads up on this web page. Looks good!!! Second - awesome job on the rollers!!! With just the Quad 215, Brandon nailed a serious 470hp then with the attitude he totaled 515hp if I remember correctly. For those that are wondering, the standard SAE correction gave him 3hp, so uncorrected he made 512 or something like that. The power was wicked smooth and a nice curve on the graph. Then I got to go for a test ride. Yep, it's a 500+hp ride.

Thanks to all of you guys that came out. It was truly the best shop day we have had and having the new faces made it so. We dyno'd a total of 20 trucks and I guess we had a total of 50 folks there.

Best 03 Dodge I saw for the day was 340 something with an EZ, best 6.0 ford was I believe around 380hp, best 12v Dodge was one of our customers @ 551hp.

Finally, the reason we were not doing torque numbers was because after the disaster at Todd Wenzel GMC, I began looking into why this dynojet hardware stack has failed now three times in the past 7 months. I dyno a ton of vehicles not all diesel. I have never had a failure except when running diesels and that is the only time I use the photo sensor. I believe that is where my problem lies and from what I have been able to find out so are other dyno shops that use this sensor. So I have a little R&D work ahead of me to figure this out.

Thanks to all that came out... let's plan another one.

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
David (I assume Dunbar) was great, he even washed his hands before getting in Jerry's (Brandon's Dad) Grand National.

We had some fun with him too, he's got his flame suit on for when the head hunters start pickin on his dyno for Brandon's great numbers. I added a little insurance by posting some very typical, if not below typical, numbers for stock to show the veracity of the day's numbers.

David's real laid back which made it nice for first time dyno guys like me. Brandon sharing his experience was another real plus for us too. David gave the honors to Brandon by letting him run first and set the bar real high for the day. I'd post David's picture but he asked me not to. What's that about, is it cause he's soooo....***y, or his dirty hands or is he one of America's most wanted?

Kidding aside, Amen to the stellar guy!!! oops, I didn't mean to correct your spelling. I'll trade ya Eric, some spelling lessons for some stellar DmaxAlli knowledge. That's not such a great deal, you're already given us that!! Again kidding aside, Eric in particular and others all, thanks for all you share. Life in the Diesel Place is real good!!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.