Diesel Place banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know where I can find a good source for switched 12v power underneath the dash? If you do, pls send pic or some explicit instructions. The one I found is intermittent, or something I cannot put my finger on. It just doesn't work all the time.
Thanks

·
Registered
27 Posts
If you do a search in the DIY section about installing gauges they show the spots on 2 of the fuse panels (under dash and left end of dash) for power switched with the key or the lights

·
Registered
192 Posts
Where are you trying to take the power from??? I can't remember for sure, but to power my amp I think I used the big brown wire in the steering column. You can use the big pink wire as well, but I think that one only has power in the Run position rather than Acc. AND Run.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'm a electronics tech the large wires coming from the column are white is hot in run and crank the pink is the same the brown is hot in acc and run the orange is hot in run

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for all of your help. I did not know there were fuse taps available. I am used to hunting for a live wire then tapping and soldering into it. This makes it neat, quicker and easier. Off to NAPA now!:)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.