Diesel Place banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 04 LB7 on the passenger side of the truck it sounds like I have an exhaust leak at idle or is this something else that I am hearing?

·
Premium Member
902 Posts
i had sound coming from the passenger side under the wheel well,it was a ticking sound ,loud and constant,so they flew in a engineer from detroit,and it turn out to be cylinder #7,had a connecting rod pin loose enough that the piston wubbled in the cylinder,accoding to the tech that opened it...so i got a brand new engine....do a search i started a topic on this .

·
Premium Member
902 Posts
by the way my truck is also a 2004

·
Registered
4 Posts
i have a 2003 dmax and i also have a ticking noise, but to me it seems more so on the driver side by the wheel well. i have heard people say that it's the injectors, rods, bearings etc... I have not had the truck long and it only has about 52000k on it. ever since i had it, i had babied it. then the chevy dealer told me that this is normal! i don't believe it. although it doesn't seem like i'm losing any power.

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
If you have a CA emissions model, it could be the belt driven vacuum pump for the EGR system... Normal

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I do have a CA model.The other thing is lack of power,If I smash it to the floor its not bad,but if I drive normally I have to push down the pedal further than usual.

·
Registered
321 Posts
I had that happen to me. people said the same thing, it ended up just being some injector seals.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I tookmy truck to the dealer and they determined that the noise I am hearing is a bad vacum pump.My truck has 39,000 and well it is there I am having them fix the steering shaft again and take care of all the stuipid recall isues.The next time my shaft rattleing I am getting a Jorgensen.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts