Diesel Place banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i searched a little but didn't see anything, every one probably knows. jeese sorry for poor quality! if you click on it, it gets bigger.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
Moved to Allison OEM Forum.

Interesting, I had not seen that bulletin before...

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
it is interesting, thanks for putting it in proper location. so, the trans is not as warm as the computer thinks and the fluid is thick, so they do not want you to elevate idle? i must admit i'm kindof scratchin my head. not like -40* is a magical number, it must be hard on it at a more realistic to minnesota -20* i was wondering what was going on in the tranny on those past cold days we had, thought about a pan heater but now i'm confused, could be more harm than good. well now we know the stock fluid checks out at -40* what about synthetic?

·
Gone but not forgotten member!
14,325 Posts
Fluid coming out of the cooler IS geartrain lube before it drops to the sump. If there is a restriction in the lines such as cold thick fluid; the geartrain does not get lubricated. If you are working your truck under these conditions your Alli will suffer without lube.

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
Hmmm...that is pretty good....glad I found this out after owning my truck for 2 1/2 years up here in cold Alaska. Guess since my truck doesn't come with the high idle, they didn't think to let the rest of us know. There are very few times that my truck stays outside during those extreme cold temps. I will keep it in mind though.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Is this only directed at Stock OEM allison tranny's?

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
I also read the six speed part, does that matter how many gears you have?

Cold is cold, Right?

·
Premium Member
4,101 Posts
TommJr;1475689; said:
I also read the six speed part, does that matter how many gears you have?

Cold is cold, Right?
Cold is cold. It doesn't matter what tranny you have, if you have an aftermarket tranny fluid heater, be careful.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.