Diesel Place banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my d-max had injectors replaced at 120,000 under the warranty. the work sheet i got from dealer stated only four were replaced #2 #4 #6 #8. under the warranty. arent all 8 injectors supposed to be replaced. now @ 162,000. i replaced #1 #3 #5 #7 myself. dealer says my injectors did not fail under guidlines of warranty. passenger bank fails under warranty, drivers bank fails not covered. i dont understand this. has any one else had this problem. no check engine light came on. no fuel in crankcase is the dealers claim why its not covered.:help:

·
Registered
319 Posts
You were half way to the 200,000 miles, so they only replaced half of them.
Simple GM math!

j/k

I would take this higher up at the dealer. A better explanation should be in order.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i tried for three months, i still have an open claim with gm corporate. who says all 8 were replaced. my repair sheet says otherwise. i did buy this truck used. right after repair @ 120,000.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Give them the usual speel about never buying another gm product, and telling your whole family and all your friends. THey don't like loud people.
There was a guy years ago that had a problem with his car, and the dealer told him to stick it.
He painted it YELLOW, and parked out in front of the dealer everyday for months with a sign that said "I bought my lemon here"
They begged him to sell the car back to them. He refused for the longest time. I think they ended up buying him a new Dodge from down the block, just to shut him up.

Sqeeky wheel gets the grease!

I have been through a lemon law/buyback with GM before. It took A LONG time, so be patient, but persistant. Make sure you don't settle for anyhting less than what you can live with. It took me 6 years to get over the bad taste in my mouth. I finally gave the dealer another shot and bought my current Dmax from them. They remembered me from 6 years ago! They were a lot nicer this time around.

Good luck!

·
Registered
4,140 Posts
Load a sig so that we know what truck you have.
This is for the '03/'04's. There is also one out for the earlier years. It explains what it takes to get All replaced.
TSB

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
Actually this may be correct. When i thought i had injector problems i aske the mechanic who is also my firend and he said that if there was a problem most likely only the problem injectors would be replaced and at the most 1 bank of injectors

·
Registered
16,973 Posts
I was under the impression that there was a TSB that they replaced all 8 when they went in for service like that???

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
replacing the injectors myself wasnt hard, just time consuming. i was able to get the injectors at list price. so after four plus crush seals for return rail was only about 1,100.00 . that aint cheep.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts