Diesel Place banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought a truck to pull campers with. Put a $5k flatbed on, bumper, 150 gallon fuel tank and about 800 pounds of tools. Truck is a cclb dually with a duramax. It’s heavy. So, as a result, it was very slow and had a lot of trouble getting itself and 17000 pound campers up to speed. Then I started getting pissed off at the thing overheating, so I removed the EGR. In doing so, I broke the Y bridge in some way. Way less power, blowing black. Took it to the shop, got a new y-bridge, turbocharger and air filter. Truck had more power, but still blows black and isn’t returned to stock, and I have a 5500 dollar bill at the shop I can’t pay. Any suggestions at what it might be?

·
Administrator
16,315 Posts
Welcome to DieselPlace
Tell us a little more about the truck ( Year, Make, and Model) and list any known mods.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Truck is a 2005 3500 dually. LS interior. LLY duramax. The only mods are new air piping, new turbo, new y-bridge. Truck is not tuned or has any aftermarket engine or trans parts other than the air piping.

·
Administrator
16,315 Posts
Truck is a 2005 3500 dually. LS interior. LLY duramax. The only mods are new air piping, new turbo, new y-bridge. Truck is not tuned or has any aftermarket engine or trans parts other than the air piping.
Have you checked for any codes? If so, please post the codes you found on the truck

1 - 4 of 4 Posts