Diesel Place banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
1,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
During city driving with constant acceleration and breaking i have noticed what could be a serious problem. After accelerating hard... not quite flooring it, but really getting on it... and then needing to let off and break because someone pulled out or a light turned red... the truck slows down but doesnt stop. the breaks are working but the truck is still pushing threw them. in addition to that there is a very LOUD clunk in the front end and it can definately be felt shaking the whole truck. I have had times where i could not come to a stop at all. It sounds like it is coming from the front end of the truck but the clunk is so loud it could be coming from the rear end for all i kno. My dealer service mechanic laughed in my face (with a chuckle, not a down right laugh and point) and told me to "tell him another one"... i'm really concerned this is a big problem inside a component somewhere... but i am more concerned this will result in me hitting someone from not being able to stop in time... and we allllll kno who will be footing that bill:(

·
Registered
174 Posts
First thing i would do is find this persons supervisor and make a complaint about thier lack of concern with a brake problem.
Also on my truck twice now, when on the brakes very hard the antilock system will take over and it feels like there is less power than there should be.
On the f-450 i drive every day:( when braking hard especially where the road is extremely rough the brakes will go away completely due to antilock taking over, very spooky feeling to all of the sudden not have any brakes.

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
Yea just what jbdmax said I would certainly go talk to the service techs boss and let him know what a :ro) d$ck that guy was. There is one thing about a vehicle that shouldn't be looked over and thats the brakes. When a man spends a good deal of money on a companies product he expects results when something goes wrong.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts