Diesel Place banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
962 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So there is oil all over the upper a-arm pivot and the dust guard, it smells like gear oil and is clear..wtf is this, the bushing looks ok, but pretty well saturated into it, I am going to attempt a picture. It is only on the drivers side.

·
Registered
962 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Are these bushings filled with grease???? Nothing that I can tell is leaking above it, everything is dry, I wonder if I just hit a can of friggin grease in the road or something...ugh Just trying to avoid a dealer at all costs, the picture makes it look alot worse..

·
Registered
11,646 Posts
Thats coming from the front axle vent, follow the vent hose up and make sure that the vent end is pointing up, not drooping down.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Mine had the same thing. Took it to the dealer, and the problem was the vent as Eric mentioned above. I believe they also replaced the vent hose.

·
Registered
363 Posts
I've got a little something wetting up that area on mine too. It doesn't smell like Hypoid 90wt though. Kinda yellowish, oily stuff.

I think I'll let the dealer sort it out.

Gar

·
Registered
713 Posts
My 88 Blew gear oil till I extended the vent hose, and put a loop in it, to keep the oil from being pushed out. Dealer couldn't fix it,
after some trial and error, I did!

·
Registered
962 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
so is it normal for this breather to weep fluid, mine was laying on its side..so..I wills ee if loses any more when it is straight up and down. I zip tied it to the wheel well covering. I check the level and it did not lose an appreciable amount of fluid, it is still within an inch of the bolt hole. *shrugs*Edited by: Wickedsprint

·
Registered
290 Posts
My vent started leaking from a faulty O-ring, so the dealer replaced the entire vent (black one to white one). Before I took it in, I also noticed that I could twist the vent by hand.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts