Diesel Place banner
61 - 79 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
6,587 Posts
God love you and keep you. And for the Love of All things holy, wear your PPE. The days of smoking a cigarette when you're walking into a fire until you can't breathe and then putting on a mask.., gone.
I found my old receipt for my door handles I had put on in late 2005. AMI Billet aluminum in a chrome polish. And they were expensive. $350 for the set of 2. I also got the matching tailgate handle for $238. All have held up great, but I am in the dry desert.
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive tire

Rectangle Font Writing Handwriting Pattern

Good luck finding them. I just did a quick web search and couldn't.

·
Premium Member
2007 Klassic CCSB 2500HD. Six-gun w/speedloader, iDash, and EFILive.
1,440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #62 ·
Awesome. I've found a couple, but no, they are not cheap.

·
Registered
6,587 Posts
Awesome. I've found a couple, but no, they are not cheap.
Well, if you end up getting mine you won't be disappointed with the quality. The tailgate one doesn't fit perfectly, but only the installer will know that. The door handles I did not do myself so I've no idea. But they look awesome still and after 16+ years.

Btw, I did them because my truck was broken into on like day 3 of driving her off the lot. They broke the plastic handle bucket. I decided to go with metal and that's why I got these. Sure, they will now just bend the metal of the door, but it slows 'em down.

Also, I should add, they get really hot in the Vegas sun. I've learned to be aware and know how to grab them when hot. Wife still forgets at times and lets everybody within earshot know it when she hollars less like a lady and more like the sailor I created ;-)

·
Premium Member
1,440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #64 ·

·
Super Moderator
2005 GMC 2500HD
771 Posts
Reactions: mp06011999

·
Registered
6,587 Posts

·
Registered
6,587 Posts
Know that the getting hot thing is common here with all door handles. Just worse with silver and metal. Businesses often have rope or some sort of other wrap on their door handles. I do too on my ss front door handle of my house. I wouldn't expect you to have any issues in CO. The Vegas sun is just unrelenting.

·
Premium Member
1,440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #68 ·
I grew up in the NM deserter. I was taught really early not to set tools down in the sun. Thanks for the warning, but hail is definitely a bigger threat. That and theft...

·
Premium Member
1,440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #69 ·
Idk. Don't know if ya noticed, but the link you posted is the rear doors - no lock hole.
Yes, I did, but I appreciate it anyway. Good lookin' out.

Looks like it's easy enough to anodize things and keep the truck murdered out. I've already got a lot of the equipment from an electrolytic rust remover I made a few years back. It's a great thing to do with an old computer PSU when one dies.

·
Premium Member
1,440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #70 ·
Turns out AMI aka Allsales, the company that makes the handles/buckets is going out of business and most places don't have them anymore. Big scramble this morning to find them. Hopefully the interweb orders work. But you know how good places are about keeping stock updated. Watch me get the rears and not the fronts.

·
Registered
6,587 Posts
Turns out AMI aka Allsales, the company that makes the handles/buckets is going out of business and most places don't have them anymore. Big scramble this morning to find them. Hopefully the interweb orders work. But you know how good places are about keeping stock updated. Watch me get the rears and not the fronts.
I usually have good luck finding hard-to-find stuff on ebay.

Good luck.

·
Premium Member
1,440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #72 ·
Hit a wall there. It's a first.

• Sad
Reactions: mp06011999

·
Premium Member
1,440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #73 ·
Well, stroke of luck. The place I ordered the rear handles from cancelled them as out of stock, and I was able to find them where I found the fronts by looking harder for...about 40% cheaper. Type III black anodizing will run $130 (batch price). hopefully andysautosport.com comes through for me.

/R

·
Premium Member
1,440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #74 ·
Well, I still haven't heard anything about the handles back, but I want to be able to have the truck available when I need it. It'll probably sit with #2 being over $5 a gal, but I needed to do SOMETHING besides study today. So I put the new plastic handle and bucket, with new lock in.

And then it hit me: If I don't connect the lock to the mechanism, you can't pop it out and unlock the door. I never use the key....Just the fob. Muhahahahaha (and no dead batteries or I'm toast).

·
Premium Member
1,440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #75 ·
No handles, anywhere. Orders cancelled by 2 companies now.

Did they pay for my parking? Nope, found this in the truck while I was taking apart the dash and putting wires back where they belong...

·
Super Moderator
2005 GMC 2500HD
771 Posts
Hopefully the thieve/s will shed their pecker/s preventing further procreation of worthless human beings.

As for periphery parts for our "antique trucks", They're getting harder to find.

·
Registered
6,587 Posts
Hopefully the thieve/s will shed their pecker/s preventing further procreation of worthless human beings.

As for periphery parts for our "antique trucks", They're getting harder to find.
Seems strange too for the most popular truck(s) on the road.
No handles, anywhere. Orders cancelled by 2 companies now.
Crazy idea, but maybe like the parts we actually need and won't be able to find, the junk yards might have something. Could be a long shot.

·
Premium Member
1,440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #78 ·
It's totally a long shot, but I'm going to try.

In fact I might even put up a $$$ reward if somebody can find them for me...

As it is I need some pieces and parts to finish the repairs, and I was just thinking about hitting the salvage yards here in Colorado Springs today. A lot of times you can see them on car-part.com, in pictures.

·
Premium Member
1,440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #79 ·
Decided to clean out the stack, Transgo Jr, and Mishimoto cooler lines.

I've always wondered about how useful an aluminum skid plate really would be. Aside from a nice dent in my brand new steel front bumper, this is the only undercarriage damage. Actually the plastic one has a hole in it now but all things considered...

61 - 79 of 79 Posts