Diesel Place banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2005 GMC 2500HD
771 Posts
The responding officer told me that the politicians are trying to make car theft and burglary something like a misdemeanor offense where you only get a ticket instead of going to jail. It costs money to put people in jail...
Man what a damn shame...
I sure hope you can recover your rig whole.
No Onstar to locate?

Reactions: roswell

·
Super Moderator
2005 GMC 2500HD
771 Posts
Man, seems everything is broken... How in the hell can Denver PD/DMV not have records? They sure as hell take your money.
As for the up tick in auto thefts at Denver, I guess the Denver Airport Police Authority don't give a damn either.
The real problem is the broken Justice system with revolving door policies aka catch and release with zero consequences.

·
Super Moderator
2005 GMC 2500HD
771 Posts
Geez I was hopeful for a better outcome.
Sorry brother.

·
Super Moderator
2005 GMC 2500HD
771 Posts
Shortly after purchasing my rig new in 05, I learned about Revelco Anti Theft device though a Saturday morning car care radio show called Simmons car care. Simmons is a local auto shop that specializes in 4x4's and custom drive shaft builds. The show was informative and would take call-in to aid listeners troubleshooting problems. One of their sponsors was Revelco. After researching the product, I couldn't find any negative review and was taken back by the positive reviews that continue today.
I called them and set up an appointment for a day I was at the firehouse. When the fellow showed up, he introduced himself and informed he he too was a Firefighter (Captain) with North West Fire district and this was his "side business".
I had a pretty good idea on the theory of operation of the Revelco and understood the wires would require splicing into a couple of circuits to interrupt start up. I asked him if he intended to solder and heat shrink all splices and also requested a spacific location for the female plug that gets permanently installed onside the rig. I realized this would take a fair amount of time and he indicated he only allowed two hours of installation per job. That said he stated he only used quality butt connectors and installed the receptacle in the lower dash portion making his install much simpler. I was very disappointed and apologized for wasting his time since I wasn't going for that. We talked a bit longer and he made me an offer to sell me the product and provide a specific schematic for my rig saving me $200. IIRC, I paid $300, it took me every bit of six hours to install but the outcome was as I had envisioned. Having the dash completely apart previously when I had installed as Escalade lux sound and touch screen nav system I knew the sequence of removing all the interior panels without breaking any clips etc.
I'm not naive to believe this single devise will prevent the rig from being loaded onto a flat bed but I can say with pretty good certainty that the rig will not start with the male key removed. The plug has 16 pins providing the system with 100K combinations for a D***head to guess. There's four black wires inside a steel armor cable. The ends of the wires have tear off labels for the installer to keep track during installation. I took it a step further and used a meter to tone the pins to create a jumper wire schematic that I keep hidden very well along with two baby jumpers in the event I loose the male key.

Read on the product here:
get-a-ravelco
I know some folks reading this will not agree but living 60 miles north of the Mexican boarder this device gives me piece of mind. Honestly, I probably wouldn't own had it been installed via butt connectors and easy location of the receptacle.

Each front door window has a Revelco sticker above the lock/handle to hopefully entice said D***head to hit an easier target.
Motor vehicle Automotive mirror Automotive lighting Automotive exterior Vehicle door

The location I used was the cigarette lighter.
This shows the plug (key) inserted.
Car Automotive design Motor vehicle Vehicle audio Steering part

With the key removed a dust cover on.
Car Automotive design Personal luxury car Auto part Family car

The quality of the moulded pins and key is quite nice. The key has an indexer and plugs in without fuss.
Hand Finger Gesture Thumb Nail

The small pin schematic folded in half and two jumpers are stashed in the truck in the event I loose the cannon plug key.
The keys have a serial number allowing the purchase of a replacement key (system comes with two keys) but only if you had registered the product. I have read some folks had frustrations in ordering replacement key because they failed to register online.
Blue Body jewelry Finger Thumb Wrist

A very simple solution that requires a D***head too much time to figure out if at all. It would require the removal the the fuse box under the hood to expose the main bundle of wires only to sort through and locate the splices. BTW, you might think cut the black wires and re-splice the original wires back together right? Not the way I installed it. I cut entire sections out making it next to impossible to reconnect the original wires back in a timely manner. Some wires are spliced much further away from the fuse box in an exaggerated staggered fashion.
Again, nothing is D***head proof but time and exposure is not something they want to deal with so they most likely move on to a "soft target". Not only does this interrupt the starter circuit, but the engine shuts off when the male key is pulled (without throwing codes).
I've said too much....

Another solution....
"C'mon in, let's talk about it"...
Dog Vehicle Motor vehicle Vertebrate Truck

roswell, good luck finding your truck parts brother. You do have a sweet rig and I'm glad you recovered it.

Peace.

·
Super Moderator
2005 GMC 2500HD
771 Posts
Excellent (y)

The job is to make your rig less desirable than others. I've countless security devices all around my home - including very publicly cleaning my firearms either on the front porch or in the open door garage and open carrying - and people always say, "So you have trouble here." Lol, no, none at all. And that is no accident.

Crime prevention means sending them to an easier target. At least until "ending" them comes back in to fashion ;-)
100% agree with only one exception.
I never ever open carry. Make no mistake, I'm very well armed as is my wife.
My theory is simple, if the bad guy doesn't know I'm armed, I might not be his first target in a mass shooting. I never sit with my back to any exit or entrance (including restroom doors) and always choose where I sit when in public. Some call me paranoid, I call it condition yellow.
Been concealed carry permitted since it was first legal in AZ back in 97. Now every knucklehead can carry open or concealed without permit in Az. All that said, my wife and I stay proficient with our personal weapons and have ample range time. Thats my idea of gun control.:)
Sorry Roswell, no more hijack.

·
Super Moderator
2005 GMC 2500HD
771 Posts
Sounds to me like you want to keep her with the long history. With a a commuter car, time is on your side to source parts on the cost saving side.
Amazing how a human can consume that much meth and not expire.

·
Super Moderator
2005 GMC 2500HD
771 Posts
A quick search for a 05 silverado 2500 headliner and sun visors pulled this up. I'm sure you'll search more than one source.

Reactions: OkDually

·
Super Moderator
2005 GMC 2500HD
771 Posts
Good to read your latest. These older rigs are worth keeping.
Peace brother.

·
Super Moderator
2005 GMC 2500HD
771 Posts
Are you looking for other than OEM (plastic) door handles?

·
Super Moderator
2005 GMC 2500HD
771 Posts
Reactions: mp06011999

·
Super Moderator
2005 GMC 2500HD
771 Posts
Hopefully the thieve/s will shed their pecker/s preventing further procreation of worthless human beings.

As for periphery parts for our "antique trucks", They're getting harder to find.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts