Diesel Place banner
1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
Premium Member
2007 Klassic CCSB 2500HD. Six-gun w/speedloader, iDash, and EFILive.
1,440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Stolen from the Denver Airport last night

2007 classic CCSB

CO DV Plates BFR A47

Probably on it's way down I-25 to Mexico.

Kill on sight. I mean... Please notify the authorities is spotted.

Thanks,

Roswell

·
Premium Member
1,440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The responding officer told me that the politicians are trying to make car theft and burglary something like a misdemeanor offense where you only get a ticket instead of going to jail. It costs money to put people in jail...

·
Super Moderator
2005 GMC 2500HD
771 Posts
The responding officer told me that the politicians are trying to make car theft and burglary something like a misdemeanor offense where you only get a ticket instead of going to jail. It costs money to put people in jail...
Man what a damn shame...
I sure hope you can recover your rig whole.
No Onstar to locate?

Reactions: roswell

·
Administrator
22,006 Posts
That sucks.. I Hope it turns up safe and sound (y)

Reactions: roswell

·
Premium Member
1,440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Man what a damn shame...
I sure hope you can recover your rig whole.
No Onstar to locate?
Nope. And the Denver PD called me back because their computer says my license plate doesn't exist. The one I've been paying for for The last 5 years.

·
Registered
6,587 Posts
That does suck. I've heard a lot of thieving going on these days. If not your vehicle, then your catalytic converters.

Anyhow, I have been even more cautious, parking the vehicles in the gated backyard instead of the driveway. Guess I'll go back to cabling my rear axle to nearby fence posts when out. There's MP's truck.... going down the road with 50 feet of chain-link fence trailing it... lol

·
Premium Member
1,440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
That does suck. I've heard a lot of thieving going on these days. If not your vehicle, then your catalytic converters.

Anyhow, I have been even more cautious, parking the vehicles in the gated backyard instead of the driveway. Guess I'll go back to cabling my rear axle to nearby fence posts when out. There's MP's truck.... going down the road with 50 feet of chain-link fence trailing it... lol
That's what the guy hanging out with me till the cops got there said. There was a particular model of 4runner that they would cut them off.

What reaaaaly sucks is that this is the first time in the 15 years I had her that the market is so ridiculous. Like I could even find another LBZ with only 100k on it to start with. FML.

·
Administrator
22,006 Posts
That's what the guy hanging out with me till the cops got their said. There was a particular model of 4runner that they would cut them off.

What reaaaaly sucks is that this is the first time in the 15 years I had her that the market is so ridiculous. Like I could even find another LBZ with only 100k on it to start with. FML.
If the truck was parked in the long term parking section of the airport the thief had to pay to get the vehicle out of the lot. Did they get a face on camera?

·
Registered
6,587 Posts
That's what the guy hanging out with me till the cops got their said. There was a particular model of 4runner that they would cut them off.

Mine's a one owner with less than 100K. But I've never been able to bring myself to selling it. I should, though.

·
Premium Member
1,440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
If the truck was parked in the long term parking section of the airport the thief had to pay to get the vehicle out of the lot. Did they get a face on camera?
Short answer: No. And the outflow gates have license plate cameras.. On hold with ExpressToll making sure they know it's stolen. Dude told me yesterday sometimes they just smash the arm on the gates and don't stop on the way out with a stolen vic. And now it's snowing out and I've got a POS KIA Sol.

·
Premium Member
1,440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Reactions: mp06011999

·
Super Moderator
2005 GMC 2500HD
771 Posts
Man, seems everything is broken... How in the hell can Denver PD/DMV not have records? They sure as hell take your money.
As for the up tick in auto thefts at Denver, I guess the Denver Airport Police Authority don't give a damn either.
The real problem is the broken Justice system with revolving door policies aka catch and release with zero consequences.

·
Ronald Reagan fan
5,087 Posts

We’ve had a lot of converter thefts in my area as well.Thieves are pretty brazen nowadays.Taking them in broad daylight.

Reactions: OkDually

·
Premium Member
1,440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Cease fire, cease fire. Unload and show clear. Remove all magazines and case all weapons. The line is now cold. The vehicle has been located.

I have no idea how bad she's beat up but when I woke up this morning I had voicemails from both the Denver and Lakewood PD's. Apparently my Chevy was FORD. (yes!)

·
Registered
6,587 Posts
Cease fire, cease fire. Unload and show clear. Remove all magazines and case all weapons. The line is now cold. The vehicle has been located.

I have no idea how bad she's beat up but when I woke up this morning I had voicemails from both the Denver and Lakewood PD's. Apparently my Chevy was FORD. (yes!)
Wow, awesome. We had 4 cars stolen in about a month's time back when we lived in Detroit. All recovered and with only minimal damage. It seemed to stop when Dad shot and killed the last guy. And nope, no charges. Something about "legal to kill horse thieves" was still on the books back then. And perspective - that was Detroit. And this is but one crime story of many ;)

Let us know how she is when you find out.

·
Registered
6,587 Posts
A person has a right to defend his/her property.
You'd think. For the first time I can recall I'm starting to hear an awful lot about "not in defense of property." My, how we have gone down the wrong path. I'm an armed firm believer in protecting me and mine. Saddened so many don't feel that way. I blame the show-up trophy mentality.

·
Premium Member
1,440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Meanwhile...Notice that they were certain to remove the Eagle, Globe, and Anchor off the back window so it was harder to find them. Pics are here.

Pay attention peeps. Time have changed. Nobody give a crap if you have passlock XVI. If you read the scene here.

Step 1: Remove Plates from front and back and destroy identifying EGA. Departure cameras will not notice.

Step 2: Break the plastic that holds the door handle, then reach in the hole with channel locks and bend the locking rod that goes to the lock cylinder. Gain entry

Step 3: (not pictured) Hammer something into the ignition cylinder so that it breaks, you can unlock the steering wheel, and get it out of park.

Step 4: Unhook the ECM from the engine. Connect your own standalone and bypass all VATS, etc. Passlock? WTFE Bro, we're outta here!

Step 5: exit public space, take it to a quite dark warehouse, and gut it for a 7 YO touchscreen. Steal all the boxes and adapters that Roswell worked so hard to integrate. Take his almost new monoblock amp, his RF slim subs, his flashlight, his hunting and fishing licenses, his freedom pass for national parks for disabled veterans, his floor mats, the little box that makes the DVD headrests work to keep his kids happy and quiet. Take the combat trauma kit, the roadside EMT kit that his wife used to save a life one time, the recover strap, hooks, half a quart of oil, and a behind-the-seat set of tools. Take the bed cover.

Step 6: Fill the bed with random crap from the next car you steal Leave the new sweet ass wheels and tires. Leave the Banks tuner that you unhooked. Leave the iDash, but smash the screen because the best part of you obviously ran down your mom's butt. For some reason, break off the real wheel hub caps. And...disconnect the MAF extension.

I mean, seriously. WTF happened here? Tweakers in a hurry for a fix? That was a lot of work to get it out of the airport parking lot. I might just have to park it back there once it's fixed and go sit on it. I'm sure I can find a nice spot 6-800m away...

Really, you sphincters took my weathertech mats but left a $1000 tuner+iDash? I wonder if I still have a spare?

And why was it abandoned on the side of the road instead of properly stripped? I didn't leave that much fuel in 'er but that's easy enough to fix. Enjoy my brake controller you flocking ducks. Oh yeah, and the locking pin for my hitch. Better add that to the insurance list.

That's it, I'm making a thing. I don't care if you bypass everything with your own electronics. It still won't run without fuel. Grrr.

You know what? all the smoked in it was pot, and not much. I guess I'm better off than this lady

1 - 20 of 79 Posts