Diesel Place banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally got a kill worth posting. Last night I ran across a 70's Duster with a plate that read FLYNBYU. He did fly by me before we raced. I had to get behind him at the traffic light, and threw some revs. He torqued it up waiting for the light to change. I went for a 4WD launch, but figured he would spin too, so did it in 2WD. He didn't spin, so he pulled 3 car lengths from the light, but after I got traction, I kept up. At the next light, 4WD, and it was all over but the crying. I pulled 4 car lengths instantly, and kept on pulling. I let off at 70, and he did the fly by. Then I noticed his lights were off after he passed me. He pulled over, and popped the hood. Must have broke it. It sounded like it had a 2-step from the one light, but didn't spin at all. A friend of mine said it was supposed to be a high 11 sec car on NOS. Looked like a joke to me. The best part was he had 2 friends with him, that were laughing at me at the first light. Not too funny when they had to walk home.

At the track Friday night, my buddy brought out his 2003 2500 EXT cab, SB 4X4 D/A with only the Quad 110. On his last run , he went up against a reg cab SB Ram Hemi. He killed the Hemi. He went [email protected] to the Ram's 15.68. I ran [email protected] with my tranny screaming in 5th. The converter locked in 5th, then slipped and was on the rev limiter by the end of the track. I did pick up 5mph from changing my fuel filter finally. I was running the VA stacked with the 40 Predator to remove the speed limiter. With just the VA, I hit the limiter before the end of the track. I was too afraid to launch hard in 4wd, so I brought it up to 1500 rpm. 5lbs spins with the bars cranked up. My buddy was launching with 2lbs. We were both pulling 2.0 to 2.1 60's, so there is plenty of room to get in the 13's.Edited by: dieselfumes

·
Registered
3,410 Posts
It has been a while sence I run the stock 245`s, But I really don`t think that you would hit the rev limiter at 98 mph in 5th gear! With 285`s I think I`d be close to that in 4th gear. But with the Stealth I don`t have to worry about the 3250 rpm limit

On a side note; Your story sounded pretty good none the less.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The TC was slipping, and I am running the stock 245's. You could feel the TC lock in 5th, then the rpms would jump passed 3000 before the end of the track. I watched it do this for 6 runs.

·
Registered
266 Posts
on the hemi note, one of my buddies has been wanting to race my vibe gt so we went out and the roads were soaked it stoped raining about 15 mins before hand. he got the jump on me beacuse he has a 4x4 rc sb and was in 4wd but once i could keep my traction(spun most of 1st light slip in 2nd and chirped in 3rd) he didnt pull, we shut down arund 90.. i think if the roads were dry i could have launched it and gotten him.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.