Diesel Place banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
3,191 Posts
Thanks :thumb: Well ya got me interested. Adding it to my list of things to do more research on...

Am I to understand your post that you used 22 + 44 ($66) for two months of juice? And I assume now during the hot months? I know we aren't comparable. Just looking at what kind of numbers you're dealing with.

Our air is 2006. Works great, but nothing special. Single stage and perfectly sized where I hit all the preferred numbers for operation on / off duration, temp dif from feed and supply. I added jumper vents a couple of years ago so the entire insulated portion is always conditioned (no closed off rooms). It reduced my bill by an average of $5 to $10 a month over the year. Which really just made us use that savings up by keeping it a bit cooler. And I sealed all the cans throughout. Not closing off rooms really made it more comfortable throughout as it helps avoid short cycling or wild temp fluctuations. If you're familiar... But that's another topic...
Yes. I actually just got my mail and the utility bill was in. My bill is $22 for the last 2-months. This is the fee for giving them my solar electricity. Also,
I'm locked in for 20 years at .19/kilowatt

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Well, after quite a while the solar is starting to pay for itself.

·
Registered
5,535 Posts
Purple like is high temp? Green is excess you sent back to the grid and blue is when you didn't have enough and had to buy it?

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Purple like is high temp? Green is excess you sent back to the grid and blue is when you didn't have enough and had to buy it?
Yep

21 - 24 of 24 Posts