Diesel Place banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi , I have a scan tool you hook up to the laptop with software to get realtime inputs and the ability to see and reset codes for gasoline engines. Does anyone know where I can get software for the Duramax diesels ?

·
Registered
4,140 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
WanaDmxsub;1622134; said:

Short, sweet, to the point... LOL

EFILive=Heaven with clouds made of smoke and burnt rubber...

-Colin

·
Registered
506 Posts
Several out there

diggin;1621741; said:
Hi , I have a scan tool you hook up to the laptop with software to get realtime inputs and the ability to see and reset codes for gasoline engines. Does anyone know where I can get software for the Duramax diesels ?
There are several available, depending on the make/model of scan tool you have. Search OBD2 software in Google and you'll find many, but I'm told EFILive is the best.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Arcing;1622372; said:
There are several available, depending on the make/model of scan tool you have. Search OBD2 software in Google and you'll find many, but I'm told EFILive is the best.

EFILive is top of the line. It will take a while to learn but it is the best on market.

-Colin

G

·
With EFILive you will be able to use our scan tool on both GM diesel and gas engines.

To see which vehicles you can read, scan and datalog, you'll find our supported vehicles list here http://www.efilive.com/supvehicle.aspx

Our Scan tool, which supports the above retails for $249 (V1 scan) or $399 (V2 scan).

V1 won't support LBZ or LMM, but will support LB7 and LLY.
V2 will support the lot.
The supported vehicle differences are listed in the above link, but simply put GM changed communications protocols in 2006 and the new protocol isn't supported by V1 hardware.

Cheers
Cindy

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
If you just want to be able to check things, reset codes and not "tune", check out http://www.obd-2.com/

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.