Diesel Place banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have heard all of these great things about the Boost Stick. But what are some of the negative aspects of getting the Boost Stick. I am thinking about getting one but I have yet to read anything bad about it. There has to be some negatives!! :ro) Help me out guys!!:help:

·
Registered
3,740 Posts
No negatives that I know of unless you are using it with some other big programs or stacks. In which case you can make too much turbo and grenade your stock VVT.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
But what about the turbo bark and having to install a blocker plate and all of that stuff... why do you have to do that???

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
I would say a downside is we have yet figured the exact limit of these turbos. Some have already seen damage, and some of the damage may have been from not paying attention...

The point is, the boost stick gives 32-34psi, IIRC, and 34psi might be the upper limit on what a stock turbo can handle. Just my $.02.

·
Registered
10,556 Posts
I was a beta tester fot the BS. I have about 75,000 miles on my truck alone using it. Blocked the EGR and ran it like I stole it.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
but why do you have to use the blocker plate (if I even have to)?? And why do I have to disconnect the egr?

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
Blocker plate and boost stick are two independent things! Fingerstick and Blocker Plate go together. The blocker plate will stop EGR which some have found to be harmful to the motor, increase EGT's, and decrease power. The fingerstick will stop the codes that will arise from blocking the EGR.

Doing a search will probably be your best bet to learn a lot of info in a short amount of time.;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts