Diesel Place banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So there we were, on our way to Redding, Ca. from Eastern Oregon. 500 mile trip, no big deal... We were tearing up a hill ~65 mph and all of the sudden the engine won't rev over two grand... No cel... I was like wtCensored!! 20k on the odometer and I was thinking--it will never happen to me.

At first I thought it was bad fuel but if I slowed down some and then accelerated it made power until around 2k rpm. So I thought--well I'll scan it with the predator. Finally got to a gas station (didn't wanna pull over) and scanned it and I'll be damned if it's not 1093......

I am running the predator (not updated) on 65 and have towed with it as well on 65 with no problems. The max on the egt was ~1400. I did a search on the 1093 but there are so many pages.......So the 1093 basically limps/failsafes the engine?

Anyhow, I cleared the code and restored the factory tune for good measure and all was well....Except for no more black smoke:( lol. Oh yeah, the fuel filter was changed ~4K ago..

·
Registered
693 Posts
FYI - I have plugged a fuel filter at 4k miles before...

jeff

·
Registered
431 Posts
My first guess would be fuel filter, I had a similar experance I would just leave my predator pluged in as I drove around and clear the codes as they appeared, until I had a chance to change the filter once that was done no more 1093's. I'd start with a new filter

·
Registered
24 Posts
I just went through this with my truck.

Took it to the dealer, they decided nothing was wrong, cleared the codes and sent me on my way. Next day it happened again. I changed the fuel filter and have been trouble free for 500+ miles.

The fuel filter was changed at the previous oil change...less than 3000 miles ago.

·
Registered
874 Posts
Fuel filter.

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
just got back from another thousand mile trip with no trouble so...I'm gonna reinstall the program..:) :ro)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts