Diesel Place banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I am waiting for delivery of my truck and I am trying to decide which "box" is the one for me. I will have the LLY(good or bad) with the ZF behind it. Been looking hard at the Edge Max Juice and recently discovered the TTS. Can you change the settings of the Juice with the 6 spd? Looking for the most without having to rebuild the clutch assembly, as of now. This forum is the best and is going to cost me lots and lots of $$$. Thanks guys for all your knowledge and help.

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
No one has released a box/programmer for the LLY that I have heard of, so you will have to wait a little bit, but i think several manufacturers are working on them.

·
Vendor
9,676 Posts
Thought I heard no LLY with the 6 speed??

Anyhow, the LLY will in all likelihood require a whole new module.

The dual mass is a risky proposiotion IMHO, ESPECIALLY when the power is upgraded and driven hard...

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Kennedy said:
Thought I heard no LLY with the 6 speed??

Information is a touch sketchy, but if you look on GM's media web site, http://media.gm.com and go to the powertrain engine page where it lists engine data, you'll find both the LB7 and the LLY listed with "carry over power ratings" for the manual transmission, as opposed to the higher ratings for the Allison models.

There's also a news release about the engine saying that 90% of the trucks sold are Allison equipted so that was the primary focus. My dealer told me a couple of weeks ago that he'd tried to order a ZF for a customer and couldn't do it.

·
Registered
989 Posts
Newcomer here. This forum is awsome! I was hoping you guys with the Quad/Juice stack on #2 only could help me decide which versions add up to the most effecient combo. (translation--most R.W.H.P.
). I have the "mizer" on the truck now (works great for modest increase)and a Quad 110 prog. in the mail. Juice w/Att. soon to be ordered. I am also in later stages of choosing tranny upgrade (level V ?). I noticed a few of you guys already own my wishlist
!! I guess the real question here is will the Quad 200 h.p. adj. box work well with the Hot Juice w/Att. and "maximizer" ?? and what real numbers could I expect? Hope this gets through as it is my first time on a forum anywhere! THANKS GUYS!!

·
Registered
252 Posts
I thought the reason behind the LLY was to meet the new required emission standards that went in to effect Jan.-1-04. I would think that any truck built after this date would have too be the LLY whether manual or the allison.

·
Registered
7,187 Posts
eds04max said:
Newcomer here. This forum is awsome! I was hoping you guys with the Quad/Juice stack on #2 only could help me decide which versions add up to the most effecient combo. (translation--most R.W.H.P.
). I have the "mizer" on the truck now (works great for modest increase)and a Quad 110 prog. in the mail. Juice w/Att. soon to be ordered. I am also in later stages of choosing tranny upgrade (level V ?). I noticed a few of you guys already own my wishlist
!! I guess the real question here is will the Quad 200 h.p. adj. box work well with the Hot Juice w/Att. and "maximizer" ?? and what real numbers could I expect? Hope this gets through as it is my first time on a forum anywhere! THANKS GUYS!!

eds04max,

The numbers for that stack with a Level 4 or 5 Tranny upgrade will get you around 450-475 with the Quadzilla 215/Comp OJ stack..depending on the dyno being used. No maximizer.

The Maximizer may or may not gain you anything.......

Sdaver or Mackin can post exact numbers as I do not know for sure what the "EXACT" numbers are and would not want to post an incorrect number.

Last time the trucks were on the Dyno the stack produced impressive RWHP and TQ on both.

T
NY

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
JDTRIP said:
I thought the reason behind the LLY was to meet the new required emission standards that went in to effect Jan.-1-04. I would think that any truck built after this date would have too be the LLY whether manual or the allison.

That is true. Perhaps I didn't make it quite clear from my post. When you get to the web site, the LLY is not listed, but the LB7 is. If you look at the chart for the LB7, you'll find the LLY numbers listed as well, and they also show HP and torque for the ZF trans being the same as the LB7.

The press release is in a different area, right at the start of the web site. Released about 12-05-03 as I recall.

Sorry about the confusion....

·
Registered
989 Posts
Tony, its 3 hours before daylight and I am headed out of town again this week. Thanks for the reply! I'll be back this weekend.

THINGS ARE LOOKING BETTER ALL THE TIME!!

·
Registered
570 Posts
LB7 is no longer listed in the order books. The LLY has replaced all LB7 listings in order guides. Seems some GM's websites are just not updated yet.

<TABLE>
<T>
<TR>
<TD>
<H4>Updates for Silverado 3500</H4>
<H4>Week of 12/22/2003</H4>Effective 12/22/2003, the following changes will be made to the Vehicle Order Guide:

<UL>
<LI>Interior section-Added (A28) Window, rear sliding, manual, deep-tinted as an available option on all equipment groups with a footnote that reads "Requires (AJ1) Glass, Solar-Ray deep tinted. - Deletes or not available with (C49) Defogger, rear-window, electric when ordered. Not available with Crew Cab Models or (ZW9) Pickup bed, delete."
<LI>Interior section-(C49) Defogger, rear-window, electric, added a new footnote 1 for 1SA that reads "Not available with (A28) Window, rear sliding." and a new footnote 2 for 1SB and 1SC that reads "Deleted when (A28) Window, rear sliding is ordered."
<LI>Mechanical section-(LLY) Engine, Duramax 6600 Turbo Diesel V8, changed extended description to "(with Manual Transmissions 300 HP [223.8 kW] @ 3000 rpm, 520 lb.-ft. [702.0 N-m] @ 1600 rpm) (with Automatic Transmissions 310 HP [231.2 KW] @ 3000 rpm, 590 lb.-ft. [796.5 N-m] @ 1600 rpm)."
<LI>SEO Exterior section-(9W9) Pickup bed delete (Chassis Cab) changed footnote 1 to read "Available on Models C/K35953. Includes Chassis Cab fuel filler assembly and rear lighting, incomplete vehicle documentation and front wheel opening moldings. Not available with RPO (Z82) Trailering equipment, heavy-duty or RPO (A28) Window, rear sliding. Note: If a spare tire is desired, order RPO Z** Spare Tire.." </LI>[/list]
<H4>Week of 12/15/2003</H4>Effective 12/15/2003, the following changes will be made to the Vehicle Order Guide:

<UL>
<LI>Mechanical section-(ML6) Transmission, 6-speed manual, added "Not available with (C4M) GVWR, 9900 lbs." to the footnote text.
<LI>Engine/Axle section-Added "Not available with (C4M) GVWR, 9900 lbs." to Footnote 3.
<LI>SEO Mechanical section-(8X5) Alternators, dual 105 amp, changed (LB7) to (LLY) in the footnote. </LI>[/list]
<H4>Updates for Silverado 2500HD</H4>
<H4>Week of 12/22/2003</H4>

Effective 12/22/2003, the following changes will be made to the Vehicle Order Guide:

<UL>
<LI>Interior section-Added (A28) Window, rear sliding, manual, deep-tinted as an available option on all equipment groups with a footnote that reads "Requires (AJ1) Glass, Solar-Ray deep tinted. - Deletes or not available with (C49) Defogger, rear-window, electric when ordered. Not available with Crew Cab Models or (ZW9) Pickup bed, delete."
<LI>Interior section-(C49) Defogger, rear-window, electric, added a new footnote 1 for 1SA that reads "Not available with (A28) Window, rear sliding." and a new footnote 2 for 1SB and 1SC that reads "Deleted when (A28) Window, rear sliding is ordered."
<LI>Mechanical section-(LLY) Engine, Duramax 6600 Turbo Diesel V8, changed extended description to "(with Manual Transmissions 300 HP [223.8 kW] @ 3000 rpm, 520 lb.-ft. [702.0 N-m] @ 1600 rpm) (with Automatic Transmissions 310 HP [231.2 KW] @ 3000 rpm, 590 lb.-ft. [796.5 N-m] @ 1600 rpm)."
<LI>SEO Exterior section-(9W9) Pickup bed delete (Chassis Cab) changed footnote 1 to read "Available on Models C/K25953. Includes Chassis-Cab fuel filler assembly and rear lighting, incomplete vehicle documentation and front wheel opening moldings. Not available with RPO (B85) Moldings, bodyside, RPO (Z82) Trailering equipment heavy-duty or RPO (A28) Window, rear sliding. Note: If a spare tire is desired, order RPO (Z**) Spare Tire." </LI>[/list]
<H4>Week of 12/15/2003</H4>

<FONT si

1 - 10 of 10 Posts