Diesel Place banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
Okay so I’ve been searching all over and I can’t seem to find straight answer on how to handle my problem.
So i bought my truck (2007.5 3500) about six months ago and I’ve had people tell me that it’s tuned because all of the plugs for the exhaust are unplugged and there’s no engine codes, so I just purchased a 5 inch down pipe back exhaust and a 3 inch down pipe, but now I am trying to figure out what to do with my egr.. one buddy is telling me that it could already be deleted through whatever tune I have and another buddy is telling me that I should buy some sort of egr bypass kit and another buddy is telling me just to buy a blocker plate and that’s all I need..
so I guess my question is, how do I know if my tune deleted my egr? And do I need to buy a blocker plate or bypass kit or anything like that? And is there anyway to find out what kind of tune is on my truck?
Thanks for any help guys; I hope y’all can clear this up for me!

·
Registered
940 Posts
Good Afternoon-

Congrats on Truck and sorry on the headache.-

here is what I suggest-
step one-
Figure out what the exact status of your truck is. (this could be a problem- try and contact previous owner) Some tuners lock the ECM to protect the code-

find a local shop you trust and figure out where your truck is tuning wise

step two -

figure the cheapest path forward based on current configuration and EPA regulations

Good Luck

1 - 2 of 2 Posts