Diesel Place banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 129 Posts

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I just returned from a great morning at the dyno. My results were better than I expected :410hp and 802tq in level 6. I had a great time meeting many of the regulars at this site. What a nice group of people. I saw some awesome trucks and some pretty high HP and TQ numbers. Hopefully someone will have the complete list of participants and their numbers, to post here soon. I know a couple mags were also out so hopefully we get a good write-up. Thanks to the guys at J&D, you all did great. Also thanks to Socal diesel tech(clyde) for setting it up.:eek::

·
Registered
4,132 Posts
good numbers for a banks truck , with no trans upgrades !!!

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks, I was glad I got numbers that good. I know some of my friends say my truck always ran pretty well.

·
Registered
12,036 Posts
Triple Stack of Doom on Casper:

478HP 1016FTLB

The cops showed up, some EFILive tunes were tested, and there were a LOT of trucks!!! :eek:

I'm glad I didn't go racing, I would have missed one of the best dyno days ever!

·
Registered
3,193 Posts
First off thanks Clyde for a great day also. I was a little dissapointed with my results. I'm have the bastard stack running and not what I think it should have been.

First run Quad 215 = 375hp 823tq
2nd run Quad 215/Edge 3x5 = 410hp 831tq
3rd run Quad 215/Edge 5x5 = 411hp 835tq

Clyde had one of his techs jump in w/laptop and everything checked fine except, the Quad just wasn't running any good. I then had Guy install an EFI tune from Tony and holy chit is all I can say. Drove around the block a few times and wow. Don't have any numbers from the dyno, but will be testing it out for a little while. Will tell later with results(from the track). I think this is going to be the way of the future for tuning.

·
Registered
5,255 Posts
Ditto.... props to the guys at J&D and Clyde for putting this together. '06 LLY, BD Pup on Performance, TTS Cat-back, 350 / 679.9

·
Registered
3,960 Posts
Hey Rich, did you do a run with stock tuning in place to see what it put down? There is supposed to be a dyno day here in a few months and I'm a little curious about what I should expect. What is the performance tune supposed to add to the LBZ?

·
Registered
5,255 Posts
According to the manual I got, it's supposed to be 320/642 stock, 374/776 tow/econ, 409/835 performance, and 458/936 Extreme. This is supposedly baselined on the LBZ. Now, I'm getting 350 to the wheels on Performance, which seems low compared to "advertised", but given that BD's math doesn't really "work" on their chart. It would be very interesting to see an LBZ on the same tune with only a cat-back to see how it compares. I was hoping that one would be there, but there were only two other '06's and I think they were both LLY, one was stock getting a baseline on pure Biodiesel. He ran 277 at the wheels.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi guys,

Just want to pop in and say HI and I had a nice time today meeting alot of new people. Props to J&D for a sucessfull day. There were some impressive rigs on display today. A few of those would make your jaw drop.

I get the booby prize today for being the only Powerstroke to show up AND the lowest HP number of the day:shootself:( . Hows that for a first impression?

This looks to be hardcore chevy site so I probably won't spend too much time here.

Thanks for the good time.

Alin

·
Registered
4,123 Posts
Thanks to Clyde and J & D :D

My truck was be dyno stubborn like it's owner. They were finally able to get 458.3 hp & 1002.4 tq but not a clean pull.

·
Registered
12,036 Posts
Hi guys,

Just want to pop in and say HI and I had a nice time today meeting alot of new people. Props to J&D for a sucessfull day. There were some impressive rigs on display today. A few of those would make your jaw drop.

I get the booby prize today for being the only Powerstroke to show up AND the lowest HP number of the day:shootself:( . Hows that for a first impression?

This looks to be hardcore chevy site so I probably won't spend too much time here.

Thanks for the good time.

Alin
Everyone is welcome here.

Hell, I even hang with DODGE guys! :eek:

·
Registered
6,210 Posts
Thanks to J&D Dyno for letting us SOOT :eek: up their shop, show room, parking lot and anything else that happened to be within a 1 mile radius of their facility.

"Tony the Tuna's" latest tune laid down 444HP and 1008 ftlbs of torque. Judging by the torque and the smoke, I'd say he got a little greedy on dyno day and over fueled the top end. ):h

A dyno day is a social event not really for R&D. I made 3 pulls to back up the numbers and let the next truck roll. I had a great time chatting with all the rest of the diesel freaks.
:ro)

I'm pretty sure the 500 HP is there I just need to spend a full day on the dyno and find where it's hiding. :D

Stay tuned.......................:cool:

·
Registered
6,063 Posts
so who took a pic of the dyno board?

·
Registered
4,123 Posts
I heard something about people running for cover when Trippin rolled..........guess it got a little sooty by the lunch table........):h ):h ):h
That was funnier then you know what ):h

·
Registered
3,756 Posts
Good seeing everyone again at the event. I didnt roll this time but it was good just to hang out. Had to leave early cuz I got there @ 0730, right after getting off work and I had to work tonight.

BIG thanks to J&D and Clyde. :thumb:

·
Registered
4,123 Posts
1 - 20 of 129 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.