Diesel Place banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My concerns since switching from my 04.5' dodge 3500 to my chey LBZ 3500 are about towing and plowing. What are the best upgrades for the suspension and are they needed. I have an 8' fisher x-blade and tow 10-12,000. On my last truck a 04.5 dodge 3500 I had timbrens front and rear and never was an issue because the truck always rode stiff. My concern is will putting the timbrens on the front make the ride suffer and will adding them in the rear for towing really help me when pulling those big loads? Also is there any other suspension considerations?

:help:

·
Registered
174 Posts
pull 15,500# raptor 5er, approx. tongue wieght 3000# does not make the truck squat at all and handles load off and on highway very well. same load behind f-350 srw longbed had to add superspring hd kit to rear leafs, truck would squat bad without.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Will the 10,000 to 12,000 be bumper or gooseneck hitch? How much tongue weight? A week ago Thur. and Friday I put my truck to work weighing in at 35,000lbs to 36,000lbs loaded and 14,000lbs empty. My truck is to be able to carry 3100lbs on the gooseneck pin. It went down to within 1" of the snuber hitting the axle with 3400lbs on the pin. I have now put Timbrens on it on the rear. I pulled about 180 miles with this load and never got over 150 on the tranny temp and 210 coolant temp. This was around 55 to 60mph. I cranked the bars up 3 turns to carry my new western 8' poly pro plow. No need for any Timbrens on the front. Get the snow plow prep package if you can. My 1998 K3500 would carry 4000lbs on the gooseneck pin and had the same GVW. For some reason GM took away the rear spring capacity.

·
Registered
627 Posts
Get the snow plow prep package if you can.
If you have a Diesel that doesn't make any changes to the suspension or drivetrain, you get a wiring pigtail in the grill which as I understand doesn't get used by most plow manufactures anyways.

Plus you can't get Automatic Climate control either. :rolleyes:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts