Diesel Place banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,363 Posts
It's to bad Jay Leno doesn't live in a northern state. I'd love to see what he's come up with. Probably something along the lines of an Allison Aircraft engine or maybe a Rolls Royce Merlin from WWII.... :HiHi:

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
It's to bad Jay Leno doesn't live in a northern state. I'd love to see what he's come up with. Probably something along the lines of an Allison Aircraft engine or maybe a Rolls Royce Merlin from WWII.... :HiHi:
He'd probably go with steam power.

Reactions: Tom S. and OkDually

·
Registered
5,535 Posts
Steam works good. That is what the railroad rotary plows were. Even the current ones still have steam generators in them for deicing and removing clogs.

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Well I was in the barn today and saw the old Tecumseh sitting there on the ground and thought what the heck let's see if it'll still run. It fired right up on one pull and ran for about 5 seconds before it put the rod through the block. Good timing on the engine replacement.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
14,363 Posts
Well I was in the barn today and saw the old Tecumseh sitting there on the ground and thought what the heck let's see if it'll still run. It fired right up on one pull and ran for about 5 seconds before it put the rod through the block. Good timing on the engine replacement.
JB Weld will fix that good as new!

Reactions: OkDually

·
Registered
5,535 Posts
Get some of that engine restore stuff and it will be good as new.

·
Registered
4,441 Posts
And, clearly, mixing JB weld with that engine restore stuff will make it better than new!

·
Registered
4,188 Posts
21 - 28 of 28 Posts