Diesel Place banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well i finally broke down and bought a Quick Silver airflo plow, all stainless. Heres my problem, when the plow is up my front end sits down so low that my tires are rubbing the fenders. When the plow is off or down tire clearance is not an issue. I have the bars cranked already...all the way..... will a different set of keys fix this and who can tell me of a good manf. or company to get them? Are they really that bad to put in? I put a 6inch suspension lift on an 04' Chevy 1500 4x4 and there wasn't hardly any tension at all on them.......

·
Registered
140 Posts
I bought my keys through CST in California for 120 bucks shipped to Mi. It took a couple hours for me to put mine in, i used a bottle jack and a bolt on top of the jack to relieve the pressure from the T bars. It worked pretty good. I think if you do a search on google you should find oversized rubber bump stops that will also help you out with the plow on, agian i have never tried these bumpstops but it sounds reasonable.

·
Registered
3,412 Posts

·
Registered
428 Posts
Cranked up my t-bars 5 turns, w/600 lbs balast. drops maybe 2 inches when I raise the plow which weighs in at 750 lbs. No trimberns installed.
plannin on getting the cognito leveling kit for Nor-cal Nick in the spring.

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
The leveling kit won't keep you from squating with the weight of a plow, you will just be starting from a higher point. The Timbrems are a larger bump stop that will stop the squat.

·
Registered
428 Posts
The leveling kit won't keep you from squating with the weight of a plow, you will just be starting from a higher point. The Timbrems are a larger bump stop that will stop the squat.

True, but i can then turn the t-bars down, and have a better riding and level rig. I might get timbens. Everyone seems to lke them.

·
Registered
349 Posts
timbrens here and i have an 8 ft. western pro plow tires are stock maybe 285's are the problem

·
Diesel Master, Formerly goth2o
5,510 Posts
I have Timbrens and there is no comparison to the bag/shocks mentioned above. I just recently installed a set and could just as well throw the Timbrens in the trash. Although the price above is $200 more than I paid. PM me for details. Also. see this thread:

http://www.dieselplace.com/forum/showthread.php?t=187002

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
plow and shocks

Thank you for the input guys, i think i am going to go with the shocks..... the timbrens arent gonna do a thing for me since i have 285's on the truck...

·
Registered
298 Posts
I trimmed the plastic out of my wheel well.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts