Diesel Place banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
820 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:help: does anyone have the snow performance boost cooler installed on their 6.5? how well does it work with any application? how much of a power increase is their? they advertise like 90hp gain. is that true? what are the side effects of using water/methanol injection? what will it do to 6.5 is basically what i want to know. im thinking about installing one on my truck for the summer since i live in FL. everyones help would be great! thanks.

·
Registered
5,861 Posts
90?:muahaha:

·
Registered
820 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
k, so i exagerated more like low 60's in hp and 90's in torque. but just the same, what are the side effects? anyways, could still use help on it though. thanks.

·
Registered
5,861 Posts
Long story short. I heard it is a good and worthwhile mod with a noticeable power increase. Methanol isn't free however and the kit isn't cheap either. I'm waiting to see the water to air intercooler that I believe Heath is coming out with soon. There is a water and methanol forum here also ya know. Maybe the question has already been answered.

·
Registered
534 Posts
Before you go increasing your boost, you need to open up your exhaust and get some gauges...if you don't...there's a good chance your right foot will go through the heads of the engine pretty quick. I made a boost fooler...you can do a search on the site and find the instructions...only costs about $5.00 at radio shack...the increased boost with the open exhaust makes a HUGE improvement...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts