Diesel Place banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 03 Dmax w/134k has began to pour out white smoke when idling as well as a decrease in fuel economy. I have read the biggest tell tell sign for bad injectors is diesel in the oil and lower oil pressure. I have not experienced either of those...yet. Could my problems be from bad injectors??? If so what is the latest news as far as warranty is concerned? I have a local stealer, but refuse to do business with them so I will have to travel out of town to get it looked at. I'm just trying to get an idea of what I can expect.

Thanks,

Brandon

·
Registered
102 Posts
Mine did the same thing. I had no diesel in the oil and no lower oil pressure.
Even had to go out of town to get it fixed. Local stealer that I bought the truck from would not even look at it. Told me it was out of warranty.

Find a good dealer like I did and they will jump thru all the hoops to get it fixed for you.

·
Registered
557 Posts
That's exactly what mine was doing. The first dealer that I went to, whom I bought it for< would look at it, said it wasn't injectors. Pulled into another and the service manager told me to bring it in when I could be without it a couple of days. It turned out to be that the return rate was breally bad on one injector and the rest weren't balanced right. Didn't cost me a dime, even got a free rental truck from them. Where do you live?

·
Registered
4,140 Posts
For the '03s and earlier have the dealer pull up this TSB 04039A.
For the '04 do the same, but your not covered under it(yet).

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have a 03 with 70000 miles it also will only smoke at a idle and the dealer said that all the injectors were fine. They don't want to fix the truck because it has an AME intake & Banks exhuast,did you have any aftermarket parts on your truck.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for all the replies....I've been out of town so I'm just now checking in.

I am located about 30 miles NW of Houston, so I will be traveling into Houston to get it serviced. I do have a 4" Magnaflow exhaust and an Edge Juice w/Attitude(that I plan on taking out before I take it in). I'll try to get it in tomorrow and see what they say.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I had a Juice but took it off for "diagnostics" and my breather had the front cut out.

·
Registered
557 Posts
BrandonH;1600954; said:
Thanks for all the replies....I've been out of town so I'm just now checking in.

I am located about 30 miles NW of Houston, so I will be traveling into Houston to get it serviced. I do have a 4" Magnaflow exhaust and an Edge Juice w/Attitude(that I plan on taking out before I take it in). I'll try to get it in tomorrow and see what they say.
Go to Parkway chevy in Tomball and talk with Michael Douglas in service, they did me right.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts