Diesel Place banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please bring the family and join us at Smokin' in the Smokies April 21st to the 23rd in Gatlinburg, TN sponsored by DP Tuner and Adventure Bound Camping Resort .

Friday April 21st - (evening) We will attend a test and tune night at English Mountain Dragway. There will be a $12 fee for as many runs as you can get in.

Saturday April 22nd - David Dunbar, of Diesel Performance Motorsports, (http://www.dieselperformancemotorsports.com/) will have the Mobil Dyno at the Adventure Bound Camping Resort for everyone to dyno their rigs. The Dyno will be available almost all day Saturday along with activities for the family at the same time (ranging from shopping trips to arts and crafts). Saturday evening we will have a fire pit and beverages.

Sunday April 23rd - DP Tuner rented the English Mountain Dragway (http://www.englishmountaindragway.com) for 1/8 mile races. This will be for people attending the Smokin' in the Smokies event. Prizes for fastest run to be announced.

Cabins and RV sites are available at:
Adventure Bound Camping Resort - Gatlinburg
www.crazyhorsecampground.com
1-800-528-9003
4609 East Parkway
Gatlinburg, TN. 37738

The park is Minutes from: Gatlinburg and Pigeon Forge shopping & attractions, Smoky Mountains National Park, Dollywood, Dixie Stampede, Splash Mountain, Cherokee National Forest, Skydiving, bungee jumping, whitewater rafting, hiking, mountain biking, horseback riding and much more!

Rent a Tent Site, Full Hook up RV site, Deluxe Cabin, Log Cabin, Tennessee Cabin, or Rustic Cabin!

At the park, there are planned activities for children of all ages! Art's n Craft's, Candy Bar Bingo, Cermaics, Karoake, Arcade, Pool, Playground, Volleyball, Horseshoes and fishing in the stocked Trout pond! There is a fully stocked camp store, and snack bar!

There are motel's within 5 minutes, and luxury hotels within 15 minutes! Along with fine dining in Gatlinburg!

Give them a call for more information and reservations! Tell 'em you are with Smokin' in the Smokie's Diesel Rally! You can always PM (fordt) Wayne for with any questions or comments!

·
Registered
808 Posts
Sounds like fun, but I'm on the west coast. I did want to say my wife and I went to Gatlinburg and Pigeon forge for our honeymoon boy do you guys have some pretty country.

Have fun.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Thanks....this will be a good time had by all..

·
Registered
305 Posts
Dang I am only 1 1/2 hour away, count me in and I will try to round up everyone I can. Is it a meet for all brands or just D-max trucks?

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
To make this more fun, we are going to have some events raffles and maybe a tri-cycle race if i have any say in it. All for prizes... the list of stuff (unofficial) to be raffles and given away:

(6) $100 Gift Certificates to Bay Area Performance
Some 25 Dollar Fuel Cards
A Brand New Dell Dimension Computer with a 19" Flat Panel Monitor
A Brand New 19" Flat Panel Monitor
:cool2:

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
For you guys still looking for a place to stay in a cabin or motel.

Next door to our campground where the dyno will be setup and, the majority of people are staying, there are 7 cabins currently available. http://www.parksidecabinrentals.com/CabinSiteMap.asp is the link. The cabins are located at the "Wilderness Creek Village" Cabins, 2,3,3A,4,5,6,7. The rate is $90/night +TAX. Pictures are on the link. The phone numebr to reserve is 1-800-922-6799

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Duramax 6.6 ShootOut

I am happy to anounce our Duramax Shootout that will take place at the Smokin in the Smokies Event. Just prior to the the kickof test and tune night, we will be on David Dunbars Dyno Testing a LB7 with a Suncoast V tranny, Big Head Wastegate, and stock turbo. We will have most boxes and tuners made for this engine, and we will post our unbiased results afterward.

We will be looking for big power, and drivability. This shoot out will be conducted in the same manor as the 6.0 shootout to get the most fair results as possible. A special Thanks to FordT for giving us a spot to have the event, and to David Dunbar for spending time with us on this project! Also, a big thanks to all the vendors for helping supply product for us to test!

Also, thanks to CAP for letting us use his truck, and for helping to gather the tunes and information needed to complete this. This will go down Friday, so if you have time, we will see ya there.

·
Registered
946 Posts
I will be there, and I expect a few Maxes to be there with me. Thats if they can keep up.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Sweet little tid bit.....

I assume at some point directions etc will be posted to the event.

A group of us have rented a cabin and will stay there, instead of the RV Park

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The address to the park is 4609 East Parkway (321) Gatlinburg, TN. 37738 The number to the park is 1-800-528-9003. From Gatlinburg take 321 towards Cosby, TN. We are 13 miles on the left. If you have any questions, or would like specific directions, just let me know your address. Thanks.:grd:

·
Registered
171 Posts
Sweet Deal we are staying in Gat....

The Rod Run is that weekend for FYI purpose.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I plan on being there I'm only 1 1/2 hr away, have made the same in 1hr:grd: Thats running 95 to 100 thru the gorge on july 4 2001 with my wife about to deliver our 2nd son inthe van

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Guy's and gals, we had 3 cabins open up today. 2 were unrelated to the event, so this is a great oppurtunity for anyone wanting to come and stay on the property or to upgrade their reservation. Give us a call or PM me for information 1-800-528-9003 - see you soon

·
Registered
305 Posts
Looks like I'm out for the weekend, only on Sunday. Work Sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
171 Posts
FordT how far from Gburg and 321 is the event?

I know the mileage, just looking for time.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
FordT how far from Gburg and 321 is the event?

I know the mileage, just looking for time.
The dyno is on 321 at my campground "Crazy Horse CAmpground" we are about 13 miles from the center of GBurg. The dragstrip is in Newport, about 15 miles from here, or about 30 from GBurg. If you have any problems finding us give me a call on my cell 603-630-1148 we are expecting 75-100 trucks over the weekend.:eek:

·
Registered
171 Posts
What is the schedule for the events. Sat????

1 - 20 of 28 Posts