Diesel Place banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got the stealth up on 110 tonight and man does my clutch hate it. I didn't have too much slip until I let it fall down to about 50 and got about 3/4 throttle. How much is my clutch slipping when I can't hear it?? I'm guessing I have quite a bit of slip even before the growl from the floor board. If anybody has anybody input on clutch longevity with the stealth it would be appreciated. I only heard the clutch in 6th, but I am afraid I am rolling it in every gear on hard accelerations. I love the power but I hate to trash a 40k truck.

·
Registered
494 Posts
The growl in the floor board is the Dual Mass flywheel being overworked. The clutch will be alright if you don't slip it too much taking off or speed shifting.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply. What causes the flywheel to make the growl?? I've not read anything about this. I also have quite a bit more engine noise on the higher settings. I am guessing this is normal due to the increased output. Thanks again for the help.

·
Registered
494 Posts
The flywheel make the noises because it isn't designed for that much hp. It is bottoming out the dampening springs. The engine noises are normal, some power enhancers are worse than others but none cause any problems.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts