Diesel Place banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. I thought I would share an experience racing Mustangs. Ever notice they all want to race? Saturday there were two GT's that came from our local dragstrip, we had races this weekend. One had 15.2 in the window and the other had 14.9. I raced the faster one from a 10mph roll. I power braked my truck and spun up the turbo in level 5 Edge with Attitude. He was about a half a trucklength behind until he shifted, then i pulled him a trucklength and was pulling away. we raced to 75mph or so before he backed out. He pulled up to me again shaking his head as he knew the approaching conversation between him and his Mustang buddie. "Did that diesel just kick your ass?"

I know all I can't whip up on all Mustangs but the average GT's are fun to disappoint as they all think they have the fastest 12 second car in town.

Since I have got the Edge with the Attitude ,Aeroturbine exhaust, and AFE intake I have smoked at least 7 or 8 Mustang GT's, Mitsubishi's, Subaru's,and tons of Strokes and Cummins. I know my truck isn't that fast but 14.8 in the 1/4 will teach alot of lessons around our town where there are alot of people with an attitude, but not like mine!

RobertW

·
Registered
3,605 Posts
I've left a few modded SVT cobra guys wondering WTF after they see the red crew cab Duramax running the same times or faster than they are. Then they stay away from me in the staging lanes.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Yep these trucks are fun, i smoked a guy in a '96-98 Camaro a few weeks ago he was close till he shifted 2nd then the dmax was starting to haul the mail! His girlfriend appeared to be laughing at him after i smoked him and pulled next to me at the next light, i think it was something like, "a 4x4 extened cab diesel just beat your V-8 Camaro honey, whats up with that????????"

I also have a '92 Mustang, runs 13.1's all day long, i have to say its more fun beating these guys with a 7000lb diesel truck than the Mustang, the look is priceless as you pull away!!!!Edited by: gsxr1216

·
Registered
194 Posts
Def true, i have raced a few GT's, they are soo cocky before and run away after, or try and talk to you like you are supposed to be their friends, hahahah.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Hey GSXR,

I got a Q about your car, what kinda MPG do you get with it? I am gonna pick up a 94 95 for a daily driver when I get my truck. I was thinkin Trick flow heads and intake E cam and headers x pipe etc for some better mileage.

Lenny

·
Registered
369 Posts
Monte, i never have checked the mileage on my 5.0, pretty much whenever i drive it I've got my foot on the floor or its going to the race track so it does not do well on gas either way, it only sees about 700 miles a year so milage does not concern me. Mine has head cam and intake exhaust, ETC ETC ETC. I would guess if you drove like a normal person that it would get 20+mpg, but if your planning on putting heads and a cam in it your gonna have your foot in it most likely so milage will stink.

I have a '95 chevy crapalier for my daily beater car, 30+mpg and park it whereever you want, who cares about door dings, plus it puts out heat in about 2 miles!!!!

·
Registered
646 Posts
Not as new as you are considering, but my '88 5.0 got 27 mpg on the highway (65 or so) with the stock 2.73 gears and only dropped to about 23 mpg with 3.55s. Hell it still got about 15mpg at 100 mph in Germany!Edited by: Kartattack

·
Registered
285 Posts
that's not bad at all Kart, I like those numbers. I agree with both of you, it should get at least 20 MPG. I hate driving slow cars though. I don't know why. Maybe it's mental who knows.

Lenny

·
Registered
646 Posts
Yeah, I was pissed when I sold my GT and bought a :gag: Sable because we had a kid on the way and the stinkin' Sable got about the same mileage at 1/4 the fun factor!

·
Registered
285 Posts
Yeah, I would have died. Although I raced a newer 24 valve Taures (SP?) and man, he walked me, we couldn't figure it out, it was just GONE, i was like uhhh.....My friend who has a harley truck (supercharged) was like wow that's fast. I dont know what he had but that thing moved. Anyway, A sable isn't horrable, it could be a (cring) civic or accord.

Lenny

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.