Diesel Place banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When my truck idles for a while i get a light blue smoke, more prominent when at elevated idle, anything wrong or normal. Im also running Power Service diesel additive.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Why are you running an additive, the manual and dealers clearly say NO ADDITIVES....

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
its anti-gelan and water remover. The reason why they dont want you to use additives, is so you take it in for service when the injector pump goes out at 100,005

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
i've used power service and stanadyne all the time. no worries or issues with my 04.5 lly with 164k miles on it and my 06 lbz will follow the same suit. the smoke is normal on the lbz. i have yet to figure out why there is so much thicker white smoke on the lbz

·
Registered
255 Posts
Fountain Power;1565846; said:
Why are you running an additive, the manual and dealers clearly say NO ADDITIVES....
Acutally they are not required or recommended ,but if additive is desired as long it is the proper kind it will not harm anything and may even help longevity of the fuel system components.

....and the smoke is normal.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I don't think its a problem. Mine does the same thing when I leave it idling, not all the time but quite frequently. I use Howe's fuel treatment.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It only does it at idle, i was only worried, but not now, first time diesel owner and i know what light blue smoke is in a gas motor, its never good. I figured it was the winter blend. Antone else agree? Thanks for your input.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Somewhere I heard that is normal because engine isn't at a good operating temperature at idle. These diesel don't do well unless there working (heat), really notice it more when weather is lot colder.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Wow this was my next post, I was actually getting worried my father says it ok, I am also a first time diesel owner, but do you have any oil consomption I dont, my tuck has done it since day one

·
Registered
39 Posts
my 04 LLY does it but also blows blue smoke when you take off from a stop. they say it is normal but i think mine smokes a little too much.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts