Diesel Place banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Going to town today pulling a little 16ft stock trailer. Needed to speed up when all of a sudden I lost power. Would not pick up speed.

Looked in mirror and was blowing the dreaded gray smoke, water in fuel. Almost died and came to a stop. Then it just cleared up and ran full song again. Drove about 50 miles since then without any problems. Good power and no smoke other then the usual black cloud.

WIF light did not come on nor the check engine light. What gives? Put new fuel filter on about 8000 miles ago. New bulk tank filter just last month-500 gallons ago.

Did not check to see if any water would drain out of filter, it got dark on me.

Thanks guys.

It was raining, could it have sucked enough moistere in the airbox to make it do this? Edited by: dutch

·
Registered
9,300 Posts
Look inside the airbox, the water would leave marks.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
problemchild said:
Look inside the airbox, the water would leave marks.

All bone dry and no signs of have been wet.
Opened water drain and no water came out, just fuel.

Edited by: dutch

·
Registered
15 Posts
I too had a similar incident. I was travelling from Oregon to Kansas for Christmas and 40 miles into my trip the same type of thing happend. I was not pulling anything and was going about 70mph on level highway(note* I use Primrose 405). All of sudden I had a slapping sound and thought something like my mudflaps had come loose. I slowed down and the sound diminished but as soon as I accelerated the slapping sound was back. I had my wife look out the passenger side and she said grey smoke was coming out the exhaust
. I had no warning lights come on and OnStar reported no thrown codes that they could monitor???? After a mile or so it was gone, travelled 2,000 miles in 32 hours up and down mountains no problem. 2,000 miles back to Oregon no problems?? Bad fuel??? I dont know for sure but I have not been back to the gas station that I filled up at before my trip and have had no problems since I started filling at a different station.

This would probably be a good one for DmaxAllitech to answer??

thanks,

Twebb

·
Vendor
9,678 Posts
There have been isolated cases where the Juice will act up in rain. Theory is, the wiper motor module throws interference. I've heard of one guy who changed the wiper module and cured the problem so far. Swapping out Juice boxes did NOT solve this as it seems to be a truck related issue...

·
Registered
177 Posts
I have had similar problems. Called Edge and talked to Aaron, he is sending me a completely new box, attitude, and a wiper module. He said in a misting rain and fog there is an interference and takes the timing out for a matter of seconds and just allows fuel to pass threw the motor (white/grey smoke). I myself have swapped 4 boxes with Edge until Aaron came up with this idea. I hope this helps you and I will reply when I figure out if this solves my problem. He said I had 2 months to get my old box back to him before it is charged to my credit card. They are great people to deal with at Edge.

·
Registered
15 Posts
So all you guys are running Juice plus other mods? Well that could be your problem, but my truck is stock
? Had to of been water in the fuel
. I guess that's what I get for living in the Northwest...there is no escaping water here. Have any of you seen the new Racor filter yet??

later

Twebb

1 - 7 of 7 Posts