Diesel Place banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to put 5" stacks in the bed of my truck. Anyone do it, and how?

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
figgure it out and let us know was thinking the same with my dooley

·
Registered
12,262 Posts
Better check with your locals as far as "heat shielding" from harm .... Heard of a couple TDR guys who ran into BS during inspections ....

I did see one guy in my area with stacks on a 2500 ....

Good ruck !!!!!

Mac

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The one on the passenger side shouldn't be much trouble. The fuel tank is under the bed on the driver's side, where the pipe would need to go. I could go under and around the frame, but that would look like crap. I think I will just add a 5" tail section from the straight pipe back.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Unless you ran the pipe through the bed, then put a "T" in so you could run pipe across the bed floor to both sides and put on a 90 and go up. Would be strickly for looks. Edited by: Maverick

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
i think theres enought rom above teh fuel tank for teh pipe but heat would be a problem.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I just picked up a local issue of truck trend mag and at the back couple of pages I seen a dodge with 6" side pipes called the cannon ball express.
I am going to do a simular thing with my dually amd will try and send a pic when it is done. I like the side pipes so when a small car pulls along side I can give them a rev shot.
If I were to do a stacks idea I would have the front wall on the bed of the truck near the cab moved away from the cab so when I drope the tail gate the pipes could only be seen from the top of the bed and up. Also this would keep anything in the bed of the truck from being able to rub up against the pipes for a fire hazard.

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
The only thing you'd have to add over the two trucks running yesterday are the 'rain flappers' . Would need that extra touch. Than again now that I think about it, I worked with a guy for a few years that ran his muffler into his bed than two stacks out on an old beatup farm truck he had. Was kind of cool.

The two trucks yesterday were sharp in that respect, but holes in bed doesn't appeal too much to me.

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
I have been teasing the wife about stacks. For some reason, I am still getting the "hell no" answer!?

·
Registered
687 Posts
Heck,

Guys, all you's need to do is run a 6" pipe straight out the top of the hood! Why all that extra pipe to get it behind you. With it in the front, you can see how black the smoke is!

I would tend to think that a bed stack system would be LOUD, as they are right behind your ears! Some complain about droan and noise on FULL length, to the bumper systems. Imagine that 10x's louder RIGHT BEHIND YOUR EARS!

Here's a thought on the drivers side dilema.....Just make it a SINGLE stack
No need for DUAL's unless you have DUAL turbos. Single 5" stack out the passenger side bed corner. Most of toadys big trucks have only ONE anyway.

As rednecky as all this sounds, it still is kinda cool looking if done properly.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Just make sure that you put one of those light up carbon fiber coffee can tips on the end like the Honduhs have.

Jess

1 - 16 of 16 Posts