Diesel Place banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Several times now I have pulled up to a stop light and have smelled diesel exhaust in the cab. (hate for it to over power that new car smell) The windows were up and the A/C-HTR was off. Just curious if anyone has experienced any exhaust leaks with stock pipes?

·
Registered
17,915 Posts
I too noticed it when my truck was new, dont notice it anymore unless I change the oil with rotella. It has something to do with a breather. some of the experts will chime in.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well I had some extra time and decided to do some sniffing around, literally, anyway I found the V band clamp loose at the turbo down pipe. Hopefully that will take care of it.

·
Registered
11,646 Posts
that could potentially cause it, the a/c drain is very close to the clamp and if leaking at the right angle and the sun and moon were aligned, it could put vapor up the a/c drain and into the truck

Eric

·
Registered
351 Posts
Dude........the name of the thread is misleading.Edited by: Maverick

·
Registered
55 Posts
Even on cold days, when driving in stop and go traffic, I leave my window down so I a can smell the diesel. My wife just recently got me to top pouring diesel fuel on my corn flakes in the morning.

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
Mine has started to do it pretty bad for the last three months.... I will have to check it out down there.... Has it fixed your problem?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
dmaxalliTech said:
that could potentially cause it, the a/c drain is very close to the clamp and if leaking at the right angle and the sun and moon were aligned, it could put vapor up the a/c drain and into the truck

Eric

Eric, I see what you're saying but there shouldn't be any fumes, right?? I did notice the clamp doesn't fit very well around the flanges of the down tube and exhaust pipe. I wiped the soot off the clamp and will check it again for leaks. Next time it will be the dealers problem

Sean

1 - 10 of 10 Posts