6,541 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HE HE...... Talk about rubbinit in.

·
Banned
6,541 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Now you'll see our real side.

To be honest with you, moderators shouldn't do a whole lot on a good site. We don't "control" we just make sure screwups don't ruin it.

Right now we're spending time building a membership and adding as much info as fast as possible.

Consider Tony.. GMC-2002-DMAX, Mackin and me as fun moderators. Since we are building this up, we have nobody to complain to about except ourselves...and Nick.

Point is.... this site is not about us, it's about members sharing information FREELY. The membership will make this site.Edited by: hoot

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
already feels less "stuffy" here, not worrying about politics. I hope more users from the other forum visit as well, I have appreciated all the people and info exchange and am looking forward to that extending here as well.

·
Registered
11,472 Posts
Hi,

My name is J#^ B*%#~y and I'm a Greedaholic.

I just stopped in to ask...

WHO'S GOT THE BEST PRICE ON DA JUICE???

Hey mods, can I get this newbie crap removed from my username?

·
Registered
344 Posts
I just stopped in to ask...

WHO'S GOT THE BEST PRICE ON DA JUICE???

Hey mods, can I get this newbie crap removed from my username?[/QUOTE]

Id check out the performance forum, GSXR just found someone that is also selling the attitude

·
Registered
6,066 Posts
the newbie thing will go away as posts increase.. maybe i should take a poll about what we should call the different levels of posts...

mac wanted to start with virgin.. what would be after that.. and that????

·
Registered
540 Posts
Diesel Power said:
the newbie thing will go away as posts increase.. maybe i should take a poll about what we should call the different levels of posts...

mac wanted to start with virgin.. what would be after that.. and that????

Another forum I'm on uses First Gear, Second Gear, etc etc I vote for the top level being Turbocharged

·
Registered
212 Posts
I vote for First Diesel's suggestion. Newbie and Groupie sound nerdy for us he-men that drive the big trucks.

·
Registered
3,410 Posts
"Gearhead" has to be one of the steps on the ladder to "Turbocharged"

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
GMC-2002-Dmax wrote:

"I tried to Modify your group, Sorry no-can-do................

I added something under it for you though."

Just few a questions to consider (not to be picky or to be picking on you, but rather because I value what has been said about how this site will distinquish itself from others):

GMC-2002-Dmax - Please help me understand why you would add this for one person and not others (maybe you have done others I haven't seen but my point would still be the same)? This might be considered arbitrary!

Could this be considered what has been referred to as "political" or "ole boys" like has been attributed to/criticized & accused of the mods/admins on other sites?

Especially if, as it appears, the one is a vendor (could be wrong on this but his signature says,"Specializing in great deals on Retrax Retractable Bed Covers
See them at roltopcover.com ").

Shouldn't you/we avoid even any appearance of things such as this, because although innocent enough, isn't this one way that stuff gets started?

2DAMAX

·
Registered
6,066 Posts
DMAX2DAMAX,

i'll try to answer your question. please understand we are still getting a handle on this place. settting up and running a fourm is a very time-consuming effort.

with respect to groups, i have added a group for vendors. this is to let members know that they have agreed to our vendor policies outlined in the vendor forum, nothing else. we don't recommend, support, or have any opinion whatsoever other than "they have agreed to the rules". don't get me wrong. just becuase a vendor agrees to our terms doesn't mean they will necessarily abide by them, but it is our only way of trying to structure a level playing field for all vendords. this is designed to give the customer the benefit of the doubt.

our vendor policy states that in order to sell anything on our site a vendor must first agree to the terms. the only exception is the classified section, which is NOT for vendors. that is for other members with stuff to buy/sell just like a local newspaper.

i wasn't completely sure i understood your question, so please let me know if i'm totally off base

Nick

·
Registered
987 Posts
DMAX2DAMAX said:
GMC-2002-Dmax wrote:

Just few a questions to consider (not to be picky or to be picking on you, but rather because I value what has been said about how this site will distinquish itself from others):

GMC-2002-Dmax - Please help me understand why you would add this for one person and not others (maybe you have done others I haven't seen but my point would still be the same)? This might be considered arbitrary!

Could this be considered what has been referred to as "political" or "ole boys" like has been attributed to/criticized & accused of the mods/admins on other sites?

Especially if, as it appears, the one is a vendor (could be wrong on this but his signature says,"Specializing in great deals on Retrax Retractable Bed Covers
See them at roltopcover.com ").

Shouldn't you/we avoid even any appearance of things such as this, because although innocent enough, isn't this one way that stuff gets started?

2DAMAX
What your assuming Tony did appears as favoritism, however I believe what your questioning is part of the venders "signature"., and NOT something Tony added.

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
ctgmcduramax said:
DMAX2DAMAX said:
GMC-2002-Dmax wrote:

2DAMAX
What your assuming Tony did appears as favoritism, however I believe what your questioning is part of the venders "signature"., and NOT something Tony added.

ctgmcduramax,

Please notice in Tony's comment he actually stated that he added it, "I added something under it for you though.". That was not an assumption. It was not in the signature either, it was in the same location as where Hoot has the comment just above the words Group:Staff, "Welcome New Members!" or as in the case in point, Group:Newbie.

I was not assuming anything except that these guys (Staff) would not and do not want to even appear to have any favorites, because they have made it very clear that they don't. I was more or less asking if in this situation it may have appeared to have been that way and wouldn't/shouldn't all mods (Staff) avoid it.

I have sent and rec'd PM's to/from Tony, Mac & Nick and they understand the point and they have taken steps to insure this can't happen because as I said already, they don't even want the appearance of favoritism, let alone actual favoritism. And I'm grateful for them and their values for this BB!

My intention was to uphold and preserve the integrity of this new BB and they took it that way and responded accordingly. I respect them and what they are doing to serve us all!
I am sure you do as well!

They are "Professional Grade!"

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.