Diesel Place banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I've had my SBC DDC clutch for about 6weeks now and have a report :D .I hauled some lighter loads and it handled those nicely.Today I had a chance to haul a bigger load.I tipped the scale at just over 21k.With my VA200 set on Kill I could run just as hard or fast as I pleased :D :D .It was awsome.After I weighed I had to pull back onto the highway and go uphill.Even with all that weight I couldn't keep traction under hard throttle ):h . FYI my egt's never got over 1k and most of the time they stayed around 800. Later after I unloaded, I left the stoplight and was fishtailing with my trailer :eek: .

·
Registered
12,950 Posts
Well I've had my SBC DDC clutch for about 6weeks now and have a report :D .I hauled some lighter loads and it handled those nicely.Today I had a chance to haul a bigger load.I tipped the scale at just over 21k.With my VA200 set on Kill I could run just as hard or fast as I pleased :D :D .It was awsome.After I weighed I had to pull back onto the highway and go uphill.Even with all that weight I couldn't keep traction under hard throttle ):h . FYI my egt's never got over 1k and most of the time they stayed around 800. Later after I unloaded, I left the stoplight and was fishtailing with my trailer :eek: .
How does that song go..........oh yea................BAD TO THE BONE!):h

·
Registered
502 Posts
Just installed mine tonite. So far I like it.

·
Registered
1,956 Posts
your heavy flatbed duramax, I assume, you have been doing some street draggin just wonder how the launch goes and what rpms you launch at and shiftin' quick . . .

I got a pm from another customer regarding this . . so I thought I would ask you because I was pretty certain you were testin' the h*ll out of you SBC SMF/DDC ?

·
Premium Member
9,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I haven't done but one or two boosted launches yet.One because it just destroys my tires and fishtails like **** Censored in 2wd :eek: and two I don't have sleeves to do a 4wd launch.But rest assured I have been plenty hard on it once off the launch.Shifting on the rev limiter :eek: ,powershifting,doing a 2wd burnought through 5th gear :D ):h .It's very tough. I'll probably be back down to CO within the next couple weeks.I'm eager to get some more Censored ricers. They all give me that WTF look and it gets better when they see nothing but soot :eek: ):h . I took one of my Dodge buddies out the other night and he was pretty inpressed.He's got an 04' 3500 CTD.

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
01Duramax6spd;960703 FYI my egt's never got over 1k and most of the time they stayed around 800..[/quote said:
Why are you egts so low? I've seen mine go higher than that with the box turned off and a third of the trailer weight you're talking about. Heck, i've seen 800 with no trailer.

·
Premium Member
9,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have no idea why they are that low but I'm sure not complaining. I've never seen over 600 stock.My boost is what is kinda weird.It hit's
25-30psi very easily but seems to stop there :confused: .

·
Registered
19 Posts
my egt will hit 800 unloaded in stock settings

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
Mine would hit 1250+stock no problem!

·
Registered
408 Posts
Mine stock would hit 1300 and with the VA on 150 will eventually peg out my 1500 gauge... On 200+ it will get there alot quicker...

·
Registered
502 Posts
Never seen over 900* on mine. Mine is post turbo though. I have yet to stay in mine for a very long time.

·
Premium Member
9,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
My probe in right where the turbo and downpipe attach,in the downpipe.Maybe it's reading wrong. :confused:

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
Mine is pre turbo, in the pass. side manifold

·
Registered
216 Posts
Everything on ive seen 1670

·
Registered
12,950 Posts
1 - 18 of 18 Posts