Diesel Place banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 01 GMC Dmax with 111,000 miles on it! I bought it used and just before I bought it, a dealer in another city replaced 1.3.7, injectors. From time to time, I smell raw diesel on the drivers side, not every trip! I pulled my 5th wheel trailer home last Sat and it smelled very strong and over nite made a 8 inch spot on driveway! I havnt driven it any this week, so no smell, took it to GM dealer in my town today and they say they cant find the leak! Said the vent tube was dry! I can understand they didnt see anything because I couldnt smell it this morning! They checked and engine oil level was perfect! I had checked and saw no increase in level also! Logic might ay it must be coming out the vent tube. Sure would apreciate any ideas about what is going on! I do know when under load towing, the odor was much stronger and a spot for the first time! Thanks so much! Dan in Minn!Sorry for such long post!

·
Registered
12,262 Posts
Possible fuel rail pressure sensor, seepage .... Mine went with a vengeance tho,no trickle .... If you dealer does a bit of reaserch on it they'll see there was a problem with 01's ...

Good luck let us know ....

Mac

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
It sounds like there might be a leak from one of the high pressure lines. That would explain why you only smell it after you towed. Have the dealer command the fuel pressure to maximum while looking for the leak.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts