Diesel Place banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious if any of you guys have looked at this Smarty for the cummins. I just put one on my truck tonight and OMG. Puts the Triple dog to shame. On there website, they have a ton of different downloads. You can get them for Stock everything, or a variation of different aftermarket parts. Unbelievable throttle response, crazy power and a ton of smoke, even on the lower levels. Even after buying a Cummins, I didnt think they could come close to hanging with a Dmax on a low budget. But now that I have seen the Smarty, my mind has changed a little bit. If you want to check em out, it is MadsElectronics.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,516 Posts
03Tommy;1533266; said:
Just curious if any of you guys have looked at this Smarty for the cummins. I just put one on my truck tonight and OMG. Puts the Triple dog to shame. On there website, they have a ton of different downloads. You can get them for Stock everything, or a variation of different aftermarket parts. Unbelievable throttle response, crazy power and a ton of smoke, even on the lower levels. Even after buying a Cummins, I didnt think they could come close to hanging with a Dmax on a low budget. But now that I have seen the Smarty, my mind has changed a little bit. If you want to check em out, it is MadsElectronics.com.

Tommy, I have one Coming from Bob Wagner!!!!!!!

Picking it up on the 25th!:ro)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,516 Posts
racinmike77;1533282; said:
btw you know this isnt TDR
True, but this is 'any other vehicles' AND it does everyone good to know what is out there for the competition.

Don't lose sight that some performance junkies are not always on the internet. Some people learn about this from their internet buddies who drive other marques.

I guess it is a case of not taking a 'small minded' but rather a broader approach as to what is out there for everyone.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
As you can see in my sig, I had a duramax, and moved to the cummins. Been on the TDR, and really dont like those people. Not real friendly.

Bob is who I got mine through. I am not sure what you ordered, but the wild torque management for stock injectors and stock turbo is nuts!! If you didnt get it as wild, I would get on the site and download it. My stock clutch is screaming, hope to fix that also pretty soon.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,516 Posts
RickDLance;1533365; said:
Hmmm.....):h

See, it's not just me Rick!:D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,036 Posts
The CR Cummins has more in common with a Dmax than a 12v.

Life would be sweet if we could get something like EFILive for the 5.9.

But to think it could match "tune-only" power with a Dmax? Not going to happen. There truly is no replacement for displacement. Bigger charger, better head design, more cubes. It becomes apparent when you put a 5.9 charger onto a Dmax. What is too big for 5.9 works well on the Dmax.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I understand what your saying Pat, I was just meaning on a low budget. I understand and still agree Dmax is king. If you look at all the different downloads they have for this smarty, it is getting close to as much adjustability as EFI.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,516 Posts
03Tommy;1533344; said:
As you can see in my sig, I had a duramax, and moved to the cummins. Been on the TDR, and really dont like those people. Not real friendly.

Bob is who I got mine through. I am not sure what you ordered, but the wild torque management for stock injectors and stock turbo is nuts!! If you didnt get it as wild, I would get on the site and download it. My stock clutch is screaming, hope to fix that also pretty soon.
Yes, Bob pushed me down the slope too.... man it is getting slippery!

BOMBs Away!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
There is a lot of rattle on SW7, but SW6 runs great. CAN YOU SAY SMOKE!!! Getting ready to try SW8! Know a good tow service in KC, cuz I bet I fry my stock clutch today.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,516 Posts
03Tommy;1534298; said:
There is a lot of rattle on SW7, but SW6 runs great. CAN YOU SAY SMOKE!!! Getting ready to try SW8! Know a good tow service in KC, cuz I bet I fry my stock clutch today.

I have bad news for ya Tommy.... I also have the TST R49RAP already:eek:

Only for watching rail pressure of course;)
And the SMARTY? ... that will just be there to clear codes:D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well the clutch is still hanging on, but I am for sure keeping the smarty now. SW9 sounds like my injectors are going to jump out of the motor, but SW8 runs GREAT. Not gonna keep it there though. Hopefully I will be picking up my South Bend next week!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Got Juice?;1534384; said:
I have bad news for ya Tommy.... I also have the TST R49RAP already:eek:

Only for watching rail pressure of course;)
And the SMARTY? ... that will just be there to clear codes:D

I am good friends with the service manager at my stealer. He has already had the truck in with the Triple dog and said as long as he is there I dont have to take it out.:cool:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,516 Posts
03Tommy;1534568; said:
Well the clutch is still hanging on, but I am for sure keeping the smarty now. SW9 sounds like my injectors are going to jump out of the motor, but SW8 runs GREAT. Not gonna keep it there though. Hopefully I will be picking up my South Bend next week!!

Feramic DD 3850 with sprung hubs? Or???
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
No, dont really want to spend that kind of money, a shop here is making me a good deal on a ConFE. I dont think I will be seeing over 550 until my warranty is up anyway!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,516 Posts
03Tommy;1534572; said:
I am good friends with the service manager at my stealer. He has already had the truck in with the Triple dog and said as long as he is there I dont have to take it out.:cool:

All the dealers I buy vehicles from are BOMB friendly.

That criteria has to be met first, then service and of course cost.

Once satisfied, BOMBs start dropping.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
453 Posts
Got Juice?;1534970; said:
All the dealers I buy vehicles from are BOMB friendly.

That criteria has to be met first, then service and of course cost.

Once satisfied, BOMBs start dropping.
So do you show up to test drive with a pair of Vicegrips?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,516 Posts
ziadmax;1544074; said:
So do you show up to test drive with a pair of Vicegrips?
Absolutely!

It wouldn't be a TESTDRIVE without them!:eek:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Got Juice?;1533295; said:
Tommy, I have one Coming from Bob Wagner!!!!!!!

Picking it up on the 25th!:ro)
Still picking it up Thursday?????
 
1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top