Diesel Place banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got an e mail from my wife after she picked up my 04 Chevy D/A. It was at the dealer for an oil change, rear end fluid changed and a tire rotation. On the invoice it said "Job #2: lube, oil, filter, change smart card LOF" Any one have any idea what change smart card is? Also is $175 for the rear end fluid around normal? For all this work plus a tire rotation ran me $271. And they didn't even reset the oil life monitor. I would find this out myself from the service department but I am overseas so all is on my wife to handle. Thanks.

·
Registered
63 Posts
That sound rather expensive for rear diff fluid change considering it is only 3.62 quarts to be changed. I think it cost me less than $20 & 10 minutes to do it myself. I guess the GM hourly rate is higher than I thought............

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Can't tell you about the Smart Card thing, but I'll be watching the responses with you.

The synthetic lube in the rear end, a G80 Locker I'm guessing, is really expensive from GM. Posts I've read previously indicate the rear end holds just under four quarts, and the stuff is in the neighborhood of $29.00 a quart from GM.

There was another post saying the bottle of "Grape Juice" as it's called around hear, was only 23 oz, instead of a quart. Try running the part number on the GM parts direct web site and see what you come up with, but it seems too high from what I've seen posted here.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts