Diesel Place banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know if you can order an GMC SLT model without the center console ? It's the piece that goes from the seat to the dash. Also can it be ordered without Onstar ?

·
Registered
244 Posts
I think you can get it without the console, but somebody that knows more that I do will know for sure. The problem I had was that to get heated seats, I had to order the console, OnStar, and Bose stereo, and I didn't want any of them. I have pulled the console and replaced it with a used center seat. It's a pretty nasty job if you want to retain the Bose amplifier and there are additional hassles with the A/C vent connection. 'Free' OnStar expires in a couple of weeks and I won't renew. If you're at all inclined to look at a Dodge they let you get the high-end godies without a console (at least that was the case a year ago).

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Hmmm....

Can't say for sure, but there is another thread around that says the amp for the sound system is under that console.

As for the OnStar, not sure why you'd want to elimate it since I don't think you'd get much credit for it. The other thing is that if you elect to try for non-standard packages, it will usually delay production.

Your dealer may be able to tell you, but I suspect that you wouldn't know for sure until you tried to order it. The computer would give you a yea or nea. Check the GMC web site and see if there is an information request you can fill out with your questions.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts