Diesel Place banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just sold my Hypertech to my boss for his 02 2500HD D/A. After installing it truck ran great. The next day he noticed that his truck did not start as quickly as usual. He has not put it back to stock yet to see if it is the truck or the hypertech doing it. Have you ever heard of a duramax starting slowly? It is not anything bad yet but snow is coming and it cant let him down then. He is taking it in for warnanty soon if it does not get better. Thought you might now the problem. Thanks....

·
Registered
16,610 Posts
Perhaps it is getting colder? Maybe he's not waiting for the glow plugs.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
He waits for the glowplugs and it also does it after he is running around for a while then shuts it off and when he goes to start it again it does the same thing just sits their and cranks for about 9 or 10 seconds then fires over. I checked the fuel filter and everything is good and tight. Now he wont shut it off when he goes anywhere cause he is afraid it wont start again.

·
Registered
11,646 Posts
I doubt it has anything do to with the tuner, but remove it to isolate problem, sounds like he is loosing prime. Possibly a leaking injector or other type of leak on the high pressure side

Eric

1 - 4 of 4 Posts