Diesel Place banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, had the truck for about a year. Sat for about 2 years. Boss gave it to me free. Said it just stopped on him and he ran codes and said it needed a computer. I got it home put the original ecm in and while checking lift pump flow at valve it started. Very good surprise (boss said he was very good at adding fuel stabilizer but 2years?). Started recently slipping in/out of OD. sometimes staying in 4th for awhile. Intermittent stuttering on acceleration. Seems to get better as it’s driven.Fluid was never changed since my boss owned it. Fluid looked good but went ahead and changed fluid and filter also electrical harness due to fluid in the plug.(wish I would of put new solenoids in).:shake: It had this problem before and after I changed fluid. Pulled unrelated DTC,s 47,78.(will be going to another forum for those) 134,000 miles when I got it. 140,000 now.
I have checked some grounds back intake,passenger frame rail. Found some wires chewed on vss at TC but that was when I fist got the truck. Did not check any sensors since there were no code related codes. Did not check new harness for leakage not sure where I bought it. But will check.
HELP!!!

·
Registered
3,938 Posts
Un-plug the IAT sensor, on top of the intake hat with yellow and black wires, clear the codes and drive it some. Check codes. Did tranny stop acting up?

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Un-plug the IAT sensor, on top of the intake hat with yellow and black wires, clear the codes and drive it some. Check codes. Did tranny stop acting up?
Thanks Glagulator, seems 47 went away after replacing problem ops and old LP.
Though I’d give Lucas trans additive a whirl and wow it worked trans shifting fine
But for how long? JMNet and JNLperformance are tiring to help with dtc78 on the other site. Thanks again.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
TCC PWM duty cycle readings look funny

Thanks Glagulator, seems 47 went away after replacing problem ops and old LP.
Though I’d give Lucas trans additive a whirl and wow it worked trans shifting fine
But for how long? JMNet and JNLperformance are tiring to help with dtc78 on the other site. Thanks again.
Just got done with upgrading to 4” exhaust from Leroy,s. Also new AC Delco GP,s. Trans seems to still be shift fine after putting in some Lucas additive(fingers crossed). Hooked up a Scan basic w/laptop. PWM duty cycle consistently run at 0 to 6.2% except when backing off gas then it reads 73%for a second then goes back to 6.2%. I though I read on here that it should be between 20% and 80%. Not an expert. Other readings: Force Mtbr (PCS) duty cyc.42-48% at cruise.28% at acceleration. Force Mtbr. reference Amps .84 up to 28 on acceleration. APP looks normal again no expert. New PWM solenoid? Can the trans act ok with those PWM readings?

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Funny looking TCC PWM duty cycle readings

Just got done with upgrading to 4” exhaust from Leroy,s. Also new AC Delco GP,s. Trans seems to still be shift fine after putting in some Lucas additive(fingers crossed). Hooked up a Scan basic w/laptop. PWM duty cycle consistently run at 0 to 6.2% except when backing off gas then it reads 73%for a second then goes back to 6.2%. I though I read on here that it should be between 20% and 80%. Not an expert. Other readings: Force Mtbr (PCS) duty cyc.42-48% at cruise.28% at acceleration. Force Mtbr. reference Amps .84 up to 28 on acceleration. APP looks normal again no expert. New PWM solenoid? Can the trans act ok with those PWM readings?
.[/QUOTE]

1 - 5 of 5 Posts