Diesel Place banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having some issues with my trans. When cruising at freeway speeds (60-80) my trans will all of a sudden just rev to 4K and put me into limp mode. Seems to be worse on inclines due to the extra load? Sometimes you can feel a jolt or two before it goes. I thought that the t/c clutch was done for so I replaced the t/c and still has the same issue. When it happens again and throws the p0700 I’ll have to go rent a scanner that will read the Tcm and post back here. Time for a rebuild?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I should note that if I’m driving without cruise control on I can catch the slip and let off in time without causing the trans to go into limp or throw a code

·
Administrator
16,750 Posts
I should note that if I’m driving without cruise control on I can catch the slip and let off in time without causing the trans to go into limp or throw a code
Be sure to grab that scanner and check for the TCM codes and post them here.
:thumb:

·
Registered
2,513 Posts
When it happens again and throws the p0700 I’ll have to go rent a scanner that will read the Tcm and post back here. Time for a rebuild?
Most auto parts stores can read TCM codes. If one can’t I go to another. Sometimes they need to bring out two or three to read.
You don’t have to wait for your CEL light or go into limp mode. Your code/codes should still be stored.

A history DTC clears after 40 consecutive warm-up cycles if nothing is detected.

Sounds like your getting P0735
You have any power adders?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just ran to the autozone and their scanners weren’t picking up anything. I got the p0735 code back when the issue first started. Stock tune. Mods are intake, exhaust, lift pump, torque converter and now transgo jr. when I run back to town I’ll try oreillys

·
Registered
2,513 Posts
I got the p0735 code
Your trans is hurt, time for a rebuild. It’s only going to get worse.
Code:p0735
Modules:TCM
Description:Incorrect 5th Gear Ratio

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well. Least I’m gonna have a built trans now 🤘🏼 Thanks for the help

1 - 7 of 7 Posts