Diesel Place banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Using the Attitude as a slippage gage on th tranny, when it is cold and sometimes even when warm when shifting into 2nd it sometimes shows like 60% plus slippage. You can't feel it slipping but the gage shows it. Should I have this checked out. Doesn't seem to really do it in other gears that I noticed. Sometimes I will see a .5 or so slippage for a split second.

·
Registered
4,148 Posts
That monitor is only good when the TC is locked. Until then the TC slips which is totally normal.

·
Registered
5,117 Posts
I run a Bully Dog Outlook monitor and it does the same thing. The torque converter does not lock up until 55 mph in 5th gear or 25 mph in 2nd gear in tow haul. The monitor is only looking at the torque converter slippage IIRC. If you aren't running above 3 on the Edge/Attitude I wouldn't worry about the trans slipping.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys, it is slippage while unlocked. You guys are the greatest!

·
Registered
134 Posts
What about higher?

I occasionally see a 80+% on the slippage. Is that more of a concern? I occasionally run the Edge J/A on 4. I know I shouldn't but it addictive and I secretly want to get an upgrade.

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
Ran mine on 4 a lot and didn't get probs for 40K miles but now my trans wont hold in level 3

·
Registered
4,148 Posts
Ran mine on 4 a lot and didn't get probs for 40K miles but now my trans wont hold in level 3
And it's only going to get worse.

I occasionally see a 80+% on the slippage. Is that more of a concern? I occasionally run the Edge J/A on 4. I know I shouldn't but it addictive and I secretly want to get an upgrade.
I saw that much with a built trans when the TC was not locked and mashing the throttle going up a steep hill from a stop.

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
And it's only going to get worse.
Actually - it is going to get better. :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts