Diesel Place banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody using them or have a brand that they swear by... I have opted to get an enclosed snowmachine trailer and don't have the towing mirrors... And I don't want to replace my mirrors....

Looking at the CIPA....????

·
Registered
288 Posts
I have used slipons for years, don't know the brand but got them at Camping World. about $25. Be sure you put them on carefully, dont want them to slip of.

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Yes, CIPA slippons. Have'em and happy towing our 16' TT. Heard some complaints from the dyed in the wool RV'er forums but nary a spect of trouble w/mine. The $500 extendable kinds are no doubt much better but for $49 a pair from Cabela's, they're alright as they're easy to remove when not needed and that works for my garage.

·
Registered
227 Posts
I had CIPA slip ons on my 2001 Z71 to tow my 32 foot travel trailer. They were necessary to see around it. Problem with them is you got to take them on and off all the time (well I guess you don't have to, but I did). I didn't care for there being two pieces of glass out there. But whether you go extended, aftermarket, or OEM camper style, being able to see around/behind what you are towing is a must. I got my CIPA slip ons from Cabela's.

tophog on this site carries the OEM power extendable like I've got from the factory on my 2003. They work great. He sells them at $400 a set I think, but this is much cheaper than the $540 list per mirror that the GM dealer will get at their parts counter. You will also have to have a reflash of BCM too I believe to make them work. But they are really nice. Sad to say and too late for you, but for $55 on an LT or $238 on an LS, they should be standard on a 2500HD or 3500. People don't generally buy one of these big trucks for a grocery getter, they buy it because they have cargo to move or haul. That's why I ordered my truck, instead of taking a lot truck, because the dealer didn't have one and couldn't find one in a reasonable distance, the way I wanted it equipped, color, options, etc.

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I ordered my truck also, but I did not like the looks of the towing mirrors... And at the time i ordered.... 9/10/02.... There were not a lot of people who had experience with the power out towing mirrors... So till the next truck.... I ordered my cipa's.... We will see how they work...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts