Diesel Place banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
first off it is a 2003 ext cab silverado 2500hd, i have a light vibration you can feel in the steering wheel only between 55-60 mph, the dealership i go to ussually is very good fixing things this time they claim they dont feel a thing. I let the salesman who sold me the truck drive it and he felt it as does my wife so I am not imaging it, any ideas there are only 11000 miles on it and i do not feel it when i am hauling water.

thanks

·
Banned
6,539 Posts
Try rotating the tires. That's the first simplest thing to do to isolate it to the tires. If that doesn't do it than it's most likely an issue with the front end.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Did the vibration appear right after the dealer did the rotation?

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
Were they balanced also? You might have kicked a weight or two. Edited by: NoWake200

·
Registered
124 Posts
I'd lay money that if you rotated them back that your vibration would go away.

·
Registered
6,210 Posts
I'll bet it's a balance problem. Because it is slight, it more than likely took a week for you to realize it was there.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Here's a little tip from my previous NVH diagnostic days... if you feel the vibration mostly in the steering wheel, the problematic trie is most likely in the front. If you feel the vibration mostly in the floorboard, then the problematic tire is most likely in the rear. For the most part, unless a tire is way out of balance, you will most likely not feel a significant vibration if the tire in question in the rear of the vehicle. Just my $.02

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
they said they checked the balance today and they were right on they also said thatthey checked all lugs and joints and couldnt find anything. I think it feels as if it is on the right hand side and i agree in the wheel its up front floor its the back.

·
Registered
6,210 Posts
Look for the wheel with the largest amount of weight on it and move it to the rear or change it with the spare. Thats how I found my bad tire.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts