Diesel Place banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey DmaxalliTech,

Picked up a used 02 Dmax awhile back.Never had any problems but lately I've noticed a slight knock when I pull off the line in 2nd gear.It doesn't seem to do it at any other times and doesn't do it all the time. I was just wondering if that was something normal or not.I've never owned a diesel until this now,but I sure do love this one. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanx, Chad

·
Banned
6,539 Posts
I would continue to try and listen close to hear where it's coming from. Also, if you believe it is an issue, get it into the dealer. That way it gets logged into the database before warranty runs out. I've had things fixed after the warranty expired because it did not get fixed during the warranty. But it must be logged.

I noticed you have manual trans. Could be a clutch/throwout/flywheel issue.

When dmaxalliTech gets back from vaca he might have something more specific for you.

Keep us posted.

MikeEdited by: hoot

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thankx for the info Hoot. I think its coming from the motor,Its only maybe a few knocks and then disappears.I do know I have a little bit of noise coming out of the clutch not sure what that might be but it seems to have a small grind when I let out the clutch.I just bought the truck in july and noticed it about a month after I got it.Im not sure if it as simple as a grease zert. Do you know if there is one on the clutch or if this is a sure sign of a terminal clutch? I sure am hoping I dont have to put any $$$ in it just yet.Any more info would be greatly appreciated?? Thankx Again.

Chad

1 - 3 of 3 Posts