1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
958 Posts
They offered them in '99 also, but apparently they had a lot of problems with them. The new ones are redesigned. I'm betting the ones you see on ebay are the old ones.

·
Registered
845 Posts
I might be wrong, I had this done on an earlier truck. dont those SRW stick really far out from the cab? The plain ones we all have a pretty much flush with the back of the cab, Are those the same?

SRW were a factory option in 99, but that was the last year they were offered. They had mucho problems with them suckers leaking. Now dealers refer ya to a glass co. that puts in powered ones for $500.

Ill save the 500 and just throw my empties out the window for cheaper...JK

I would like to see an install if it goes that far Sonny Bear

Good Luck.

·
Registered
514 Posts
The one I had put in my '99 was made by C.R. Lawrence I believe. I think they took over as the OEM mfg sometime 99-00 timeframe. It looked somewhat similar but I can't see the pic well enough to tell. It seems that it was in the 400.00 price range new and installed.

·
Registered
463 Posts
In 1988, just after I bought my previous Silverado, I saw an '88 Silverado extended cab with a power rear window. Not the horizontal slider, but a vertical power window, just like the ones in the doors. That's what I want.

It must have been a custom setup, and I have never seen one since.

Anyone have any info on the possibility of a rear window like that for our trucks? I'd be willing to give up my rear defroster for one of those.

Kevin

·
Registered
958 Posts
I've been dreaming about the same thing for years Kevin, I haven't had any luck finding one though.

·
Registered
160 Posts
I would imagine that you would get a lot of dust/debris/etc in the cab driving with it open. I was going to put one in my old S10, but didn't do it for this reason.

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
sorry to say there is a way to get a power rear window like that.... buy a ford saw the commercial lkast week. f 150 supercrew i believe

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
Everybody I know who has had their truck broken into, entry was made through the sliding back window.

There are kits that will allow the entire rear window to power lower and raise, about $500.

I'll keep my defrost

·
Registered
2,107 Posts
when i traded my toy truck in and got this one, I planned on a power sliding rear window. You don't have much stuff coming in through them, at least I didn't in my dakota. You typically won't be driving with it open, it's more for access to the bed ie toss your old BK trash in the bed when you're in the drivethrough, etc.. It's also really handy if you have a leer top in the back so you can either talk to people you have back there, check on your dog, etc.

·
Registered
958 Posts
It's great for a icebox full of beer in the front of the bed, you can reload on the fly and it's hard to throw your empties into the box through the side window on the interstate.

·
Registered
958 Posts
HD-Nate, do you know what company does the complete roll-down windows or have a URL?

·
Registered
103 Posts
I was going to get a slider on my truck and the salesman said "don't do it. Someone will just break into your truck." When I came to I decided not to get one.

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
Camstyn said:
HD-Nate, do you know what company does the complete roll-down windows or have a URL?

I dont have the information with me at work, I'll see if I can find a Web reference for it.

I was looking at it for my '96 3500 but the $$$ was a bit more than I wanted to spend on it at the time so its been a few years ago, I'll see what I can find for ya.

EDIT:
My apologies, I have looked for the last hour or so and cant find a thing. I know they have them cause I was looking at them a few years ago. I’ll see if I still have the flyer at home. Edited by: HD-Nate

1 - 14 of 14 Posts