Diesel Place banner

Slammed Ford F350 Dually

20K views 24 replies 12 participants last post by  crewcab03 
#1 ·
i wana lower my F350 Dually about 110-12 inches, i have found kits for the 2WD ones but cannot find one for the 4WD one. Anyone know anything about swapping the front axle to a 2WD one? and why does it matter if i use 4WD, there is still an axle there....i looked at a 2WD front suspension and its really not different from the 4WD one....any suggestions besides not lowering it!
:help:

#2 ·
#3 ·
#6 · (Edited)
Are you on the wrong forum? A Dmax guy wouldn't think about lowering his truck. We are not low riders here! We haul A$$!

#9 ·
:exactly::exactly::exactly::exactly:

#12 ·
A Dmax guy doesn't have to think about this because they come slammed from the factory.

#8 ·
#11 ·
what year and a 10-12 drop wont happen without bags. (been there done that to a 1999 f-350 dually) most drops for the fords are a 3-5 and a 6-8. With the bags I could lay the trailing arms on the ground did a custom rear frame rail setup for the back axle to travel without a notch into the bed, everything was mounted under the frame. To get the front lower than the rear part of the trailing arms to lay you will have to take and notch the front frame horn where the stering passis under with a pice of pipe cut and welded in place. the worst part on the fords (that year) is that the 4xs are straight axles up front and you are only going to get down so far either way. look at doing some different leafsprings all the way around like from a springshop and alter your steering components for the new angle along with your carrier baring.

#18 ·
what year and a 10-12 drop wont happen without bags. (been there done that to a 1999 f-350 dually) most drops for the fords are a 3-5 and a 6-8. With the bags I could lay the trailing arms on the ground did a custom rear frame rail setup for the back axle to travel without a notch into the bed, everything was mounted under the frame. To get the front lower than the rear part of the trailing arms to lay you will have to take and notch the front frame horn where the stering passis under with a pice of pipe cut and welded in place. the worst part on the fords (that year) is that the 4xs are straight axles up front and you are only going to get down so far either way. look at doing some different leafsprings all the way around like from a springshop and alter your steering components for the new angle along with your carrier baring.
it is a 2000 and i planned on using bags, like i said above i found a kit to lower the rear up to 14" with bags and a kit for the front thats up to 12" but for 2wd only...i will have to start looking for a 2wd front end for this truck...i have never even turned my 4wd on in the 4 years ive had it.

any idea how low i could get it to go if i used leaf springs to lower it? i never really thought of that...im not worried about using it for towing, i have a secondary truck for that so whatever i have to do to get it to touch the ground, ill do it

#19 ·
Then why in the HELL would you get a 4WD

#23 ·
O I C

#24 ·
10-4!

#25 ·
You could take the leafs off and do some low mounted bag cups upfront kinda like tha arts for the rear then mount a 4 link with a triangulated bars to the front axle back to a custom crossmember. This will eliminate the need for a panhard bar. take the leaves mount points off and the springs grind axle smooth and see where you end up at to set ride height and parking lot stance. The 4wd would be cool to do some hard launches with and the different factor. Where are you located at? Most leaf spring drops wond get you down but a couple of inches and then your static.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.