Diesel Place banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2006 LBZ, I already have the front skid plate, but does anyone have the part number for the transfer case piece. Thanks, Dave

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
I looked & did a search for ya & found this:Not sure if 2006,BUT they don't have any reason to change/ Howard
Skid Plates
15152823 - Oil Pan Skid plate - $66.49
15707630 - Transfer Case Shield -$30.35
Mounting Hardware - -$19.05
Mounting hardware consists of 4 - M10x1.5x25mm mounting bolts.

Full kit with both plates and all fasteners - GM P/N 12496035. About $76 at discount dealers.

·
Registered
847 Posts
Eric Merchant has them too.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Hi will these part numbers work for a 2006 2500hd crew cab?
thanks for the info

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Howard thanks for the help!!:ro) Dave

·
Registered
3,412 Posts
I finally got a chance to crawl under my truck to check it out and noticed that there is a skid under the engine oil pan and a little one under the transfer case, but the Allison transmission pan is wide open. I was under the impression that the skid plate protected both the engine and transmission. Did I get short changed on my truck? Shoudn't there be a skid plate under the tranny also? If not factory installed, is there an optional skid plate to protect the Allison transmission?

On another note, does any one know the purpose of this tray under the bed, mounted between the fuel tank and the muffler right above the drive shaft? It isn't hoding anything on my truck. Just sits there empty.:confused:

Attachments

·
Registered
370 Posts
You were not shorted, I have asked about this and was told that Chev does not make one. There are some aftermarket ones but they were hundreds of dollars. For that price I will make one out of some alum sheet...

·
Registered
3,412 Posts
You were not shorted, I have asked about this and was told that Chev does not make one. There are some aftermarket ones but they were hundreds of dollars. For that price I will make one out of some alum sheet...
zr2yz125, Thanks for the response.

It sure looks like the tranny is wide open for damage from rocks, etc. I can't understand why they only protect the engine pan and the transfer case but not the transmission. I remember when I was a kid getting stranded out in the booneys in the middle of the night when my dad punched a hole in the transmission oil pan from hitting a rock. That was a veeerrrryyyy long night!:(

Do you have any idea what that metal shelf under the bed (See pic above) is supposed to be for? The one in my truck holds absolutely nothing. I can't figure out what it could be for!

·
Registered
897 Posts
zr2yz125,
Do you have any idea what that metal shelf under the bed (See pic above) is supposed to be for? The one in my truck holds absolutely nothing. I can't figure out what it could be for!
Oh no something fell off your truck!?!!

No just kidding mine is empty as well. Somewhere on here someone said its to hold the EVAP canaster on a gasser. I don't know for sure as I don't have any desire to look under a gasser truck but I can imagine them using the same frame for both diesel and gassers so it makes sense to me.

·
Registered
3,412 Posts
Oh no something fell off your truck!?!!

No just kidding mine is empty as well. Somewhere on here someone said its to hold the EVAP canaster on a gasser. I don't know for sure as I don't have any desire to look under a gasser truck but I can imagine them using the same frame for both diesel and gassers so it makes sense to me.
Jperry, That makes total sense. No reason not to use the same frame for both gas and diesel. A diesel doesn't need the evap canister, therefore it's empty.

Thanks.
-Ray

1 - 10 of 10 Posts