Diesel Place banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know where I could get the bolts for the aluminum skid plates. I highly doubt that my dealer would be able to find them. I would like to purchase a hardware kit, washers and bolts but can't find them. GM only sells this as a kit with the skid plates, which I already have. Could I just get grade 8 at the hardware store? Anyone have a pic of what I need? Thanks,

·
Registered
120 Posts
Don't know if you have the rubber grommets, but there are some. I can only tell you that they are metric bolts. I stole my skid plate off my LLY and I am going to tap the frame where they go. I have the tap at home, but I forgot what the size is. The holes are there, but not threaded as near as I can tell (may be undercoating over the threads). The hardware itself does not really look special, so I think you could get it at any hardware supplier that has metric.

I can try to get some pics and measurements this week.

·
Registered
2 Posts
CJGLLY;1590585; said:
Anyone know where I could get the bolts for the aluminum skid plates. I highly doubt that my dealer would be able to find them. I would like to purchase a hardware kit, washers and bolts but can't find them. GM only sells this as a kit with the skid plates, which I already have. Could I just get grade 8 at the hardware store? Anyone have a pic of what I need? Thanks,
mcmaster.com has just about any fastener you can think of

·
Registered
120 Posts
Here you go. Thread size is M10 x 1.5. Short bolts are about 1" thread length. Longer bolts with the grommets are shoulder bolts. About 1.25" shoulder and .75 thread length.

IMG_1001.jpg

IMG_1002.jpg

IMG_1003.jpg

·
Registered
9,606 Posts
So did you have to tap the holes?

·
Registered
612 Posts
When I installed mine, I did not have to tap the holes. The factory bolts seemed to self tap.

·
Registered
313 Posts
They are called shoulder bolts

1 - 8 of 8 Posts