Diesel Place banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those of you that didn't see it in my other thread:

Get this, the SixGun, OttoMind and BigHead Wastegate Actuator all received CARB E.O. numbers. So they are now 50 state emissions legal. They sent a sticker with the numbers on it along with the products covered, the number is D-161-74. Guess that part from Banks was true.

·
Registered
909 Posts
neverenuf said:
So they are now 50 state emissions legal.

Thought CARB only involved California auto emissions compliance.

·
Registered
3,410 Posts
Is these products really CARB Approved because they meet the requirements? Or is it MONEY?

I am just stirrin` the pot some, as I do not care a bit due to the fact I will never own one of these products. Other then maybe the BigHead Wastegate Actuator!

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Other states also look for a CARB number (Nevada for one), if it receives a CARB number it can pass any emmisions test in the states.

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
HD Dmax

If you've ever been to California you could answer your own question.
It really doesn't concern me one bit as I'm registered in Louisiana where we have no smog regulations to speak of...wait, they do pressure check you gas cap.
Don't know if they do that on a diesel though. It's just nice to know the Dmax will run clean enough with the SixGun installed to pass the most stringent smog regulations in the country. I really posted it in regard to the BS being slung around. http://dieselplace.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=7951&KW=carb&PN=0&TPN=2Edited by: neverenuf

·
Registered
909 Posts
My truck is exempt in AZ as we have no diesel pickup emissions testing.

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The way I hear it, Diesel emmision testing is coming very soon. We'll see.

·
Registered
926 Posts
neverenuf,

I don't think the emissions testing will apply to vehicles built before an emissions law, so as far as we are all concerned, it does not apply. But if you were to buy a vehicle after an emissions laws was enacted, then you would have to worry.

On Edit: In reference to the enactment of an emissions law, the manufacturer will have to comply with the new regulation and I am sure performance companies will do the same.

DanEdited by: StraitDiesel

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Las Vegas, I know, requires a CARB EO number for aftermarket accessories on the engine/exhaust that could affect emmisions. It's funny how they do it now instead of the ol' wand up the rear, they just plug into the vehicle computer and let it tell them how it's doing.

·
Registered
909 Posts
neverenuf said:
Las Vegas, I know, requires a CARB EO number for aftermarket accessories on the engine/exhaust that could affect emmisions. It's funny how they do it now instead of the ol' wand up the rear, they just plug into the vehicle computer and let it tell them how it's doing.

Wouldn't seem to be as reliable as an aftermarket program could doctor the numbers to suit emissions specs.

·
Registered
3,410 Posts
neverenuf said:

So the Quad Stealth would be great for this, You could drive up to have the truck tested, while waiting in line program the factory settings. (Needing less then 2 minutes for this task. Then once the test is completed take another minute maybe 2 to reprogram the power back in and you never lieve the driver seat. Nor do you drive an under powered stock truck. Gotta love it
Can you say, WHO NEEDS C.A.R.B. CERTS?

·
Registered
909 Posts
Some states have roadway emission sniffers that mail tickets to your doorstep.

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
I've heard that in 2007, ALL diesel trucks including the big rigs will have to pass the emissions test that is now mandated in California. Which means every diesel pickup will have converters. I believe I read this in Car & Driver this last month.

·
Registered
909 Posts
That would only apply to ALL vehicles sold AFTER that date.

·
Registered
994 Posts
There are no emission tests now in California for diesel vehicles. There are dyno type emission tests for gas powered vehicles, nominally every two years (but you skip the two year period test with a new vehicle).

1 - 15 of 15 Posts