Diesel Place banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,410 Posts
I`ve always been of the understanding that if you play, you must be willing to pay.

How do they plan on pinning this on Banks? I know I have made comments about Banks power boxes, but come on, this was a Cummins
I would be willing to bet that there is no way on earth that he can prove it was caused by Banks.

Just another money hungry fool

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
FMEA Design - An ActiveSafety feature, Failure Modes Effects Analysis (FMEA) is Banks’ uncompromising design process to ensure that the Six-Gun electronics will in no way impact the durability or function of the onboard vehicle electronics. In addition, the Six-Gun constantly monitors its own inputs and outputs to ensure proper function.

ADDED VALUE

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
It was probably ready to burn down anyway. Too much safety issues in the Gun to do this.

·
Registered
228 Posts
What do you think could've cause that? That is a serioulsy burned piston. Somthin' got hot

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
I didn't catch how many miles were on the Dodge. Blaming something like this on Banks is going to be very difficult to prove. How many tuners/programmers did he actually try before the SixGun? Who knows what the history of the truck is. It's gonna be tough.

·
Registered
10,516 Posts
Possibly too much rail pressure???? We have seen what excessive can do to a DMX so it could also happen to a Cummins HPCR

That piston does not look to be in too bad of shape though, but that velve is seriously screwed... looks like overfuel plain and simple, but without looking at the other pistons and valves for similar damage, it is almost impossible to draw a conclusion to wether or not it was a stuck injector that caused this or the 6 gun itself or a combination.

I see the ring land has been chewed pretty bad probably from the demise of the valve itself. Very unfortunate, and if it were my truck that died like that from adding the safest power adder i would be on their doorstep in a heartbeat asking some very pointed questions with a tape recorder by my side.

You play you pay sometimes, but when a company promises the safest power adder out there i sure hope they step up to the plate for the guy.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Guys I've been meaning to warn yall about this but I've been keeping my mouth shut. I have worked on many trucks with Banks equipment installed including my own. One trend that I saw first on mine and then checked on others is that the Banks electrical pyrometer gauge consistanty read low! I first noticed it when I pulled my Banks Powerpack off my truck and switched to mechanical gauges. Ever since then whenever I work on a truck with banks gauges I always stick in a mechanical gauge to check its accuracy and it always reads low. Usually between 50-100 degrees low. One thing that has worried me with the new Banks 6 gun for the Cummins engines is that everyone that is installing them and replacing their mecanical gauges is seeing lower EGT's than STOCK with no air upgrades and more fuel. I don't know if this is going to be a problem with the Six Gun for the Duramax trucks or not but if you are towing hevy with the six gun and you keep the EGT's at where the Six Gun limits them please double check your EGT's with a mechanical gauge for state of mind. I'm trying my best not to bash Banks, I'm just trying to inform on findings that I have made and it is my responsibility as always to try to help people out with my experience.

Horace Edited by: Battering Ram

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
good point

·
Banned
6,541 Posts
Now that is what you call the beginning of a melt down and obviously a little engine that thought it couldEdited by: hoot

·
Registered
242 Posts
I didn't see any information regarding miles, usage, other programmers, truck history. It's hard to determine what happened when you don't know the history. What a mess!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts